Ernesto Valverde - V1

FCBfan22

Good read, but it also raises an important question. Why is Valverde so willing to continue here, if he basically has no say in transfers and squad building? If he was a coach with character he would say go to hell, I'm leaving, I can't work like this anymore with Segura bringing in players I don't need. Then, Barto would have to make a decision: either a new coach or a new sporting director who would listen to Valverde (this was rumoured to happen after Anfield, but still, no changes).

Valverde is far from ideal coach, but a change needs to happen either in coaching or in sporting department. One of Segura or Valverde needs to go. Also some of the seniors, but we talked about this before.

All that said, if we change a sporting director, then give Valverde 1 or 2 transfers that he wants. If he fails next season again, he should be sacked without questions.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

All that said, if we change a sporting director, then give Valverde 1 or 2 transfers that he wants. If he fails next season again, he should be sacked without questions.

Sorry, but how Willian, Parejo and Ingo Martinez would have made a difference in Anfield? EV is still around because:

A. He has no shame
B. Support from some underperforming senior players
C. Support from Barto because of point B
D. 23m salary

ini4ever

Good read, but it also raises an important question. Why is Valverde so willing to continue here.

Cuz of 23m salary, sweet money.

I'm surprised you're saying that. Rather than stating that we should question why the hell board hire a coach whose ideas contradict clubs transfer policy. Also I'd rather see one side being fucked up other than both ( these past two seasons transfer signings been considerably good, Imagine if board had gone for EVs preferred players lol. )

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No question about him being shameless as are many first team players. Their reactions (or lack of) after Anfield were pathetic having in mind fans own the club.

FCBfan22

Sorry, but how Willian, Parejo and Ingo Martinez would have made a difference in Anfield? EV is still around because:

A. He has no shame
B. Support from some underperforming senior players
C. Support from Barto because of point B
D. 23m salary

True, I'm just saying that even if you look from that article's perspective, you still come to the conclusion that Valverde is shameless and has 0 charisma.

(All this with taking out his in game managment and other faults)

MTL_Barca

I think a lot of people would forget about their pride when they get the chance to coach Barca and earn a shitload of money for doing it. Not every coach of course, but we don't have to pretend Valverde is the only one who has no shame.

The real problem isn't that Valverde doesn't decide to step down, the problem is that it's his choice to begin with. He should've been sacked, and he should've never gotten a new contract in the first place.

serghei

Valverde and Segura both need to get sacked ASAP so we are not delaying anymore the much needed reconstruction. It is one of our last chances to build a new team while still winning important titles.

Ideally Barto should get sacked too, but that is harder to do.

I think a lot of people would forget about their pride when they get the chance to coach Barca and earn a shitload of money for doing it. Not every coach of course, but we don't have to pretend Valverde is the only one who has no shame.

The real problem isn't that Valverde doesn't decide to step down, the problem is that it's his choice to begin with. He should've been sacked, and he should've never gotten a new contract in the first place.

It's better that Valverde doesn't have too much power in transfers, considering how clueless he is. I'm normally for giving managers a role in transfers, but it's dangerous territory when you're dealing with incompetents.

Giving Valverde a big role in transfers would be terrible.

Last edited:

Sorin

Valverde and Segura both need to get sacked ASAP so we are not delaying anymore the much needed reconstruction. It is one of our last chances to build a new team while still winning important titles.

Ideally Barto should get sacked too, but that is harder to do.

It's better that Valverde doesn't have too much power in transfers, considering how clueless he is. I'm normally for giving managers a role in transfers, but it's dangerous territory when you're dealing with incompetents.

Giving Valverde a big role in transfers would be terrible.

Imagine giving someone like Valverde a say in transfers. His whole world is La Liga and teams that we play against. We'd shop 24/7 at the likes of Eibar and Rayo, occasionally at Valencia and Sevilla. More than that and it would above his limited vision. :lol:

How the hell are we content with a guy with such a shitty mentality and limited vision of the footballing world is beyond me. As a manager you don't come to Barcelona to maybe eek a La Liga and Copa here and there and be happy with your work. You come here to make history through absolute domination and superior tactical showing against any other team. If you aren't able to do that then it's not for you. We are not the likes of Sevilla or Valencia. The budget, history, legends demand so much more out of this job. I mean, the guy has the second or third best wage packet in world football and he does the job of one that has the 50th at best. It's simply unacceptable.

George_Costanza

[tw]1138568841871544320[/tw]

giphy.gif

Barcilliant

Board trying to get youngsters to prepare for the future. Valverde though keeps playing his entitled seniors. Presides over the worst cl defeats in history and gets to stay. Earns 23 million. There is something seriously wrong with the club.

Home of Barca Fans