Robert Fernandez

Total-Football

So is anyone getting fired today or a resignation maybe?

nope, he literally said that they would have resigned had they put the club finances at risk, which they didn't. Good luck deciphering what the fuck does that even mean. The guy basically gives himself credit for not signing players.

Barcilliant

"A price of €200m and we decided we wouldn't do it. That's an example of the way football is now. This club and this board will not get involved in that, though. What's happened in the transfer market this summer has taken us to a totally different model of football which we're not used to."

Barcilliant

Countries have become the principle agents in the world of football," he added. "We haven't wanted to put the club at risk, a club of 150,000 members which is ran responsibly.

"We're in a market where a goalkeeper has gone for €50m. We won't get involved in that. We won't put the club at risk. UEFA and the ECA have to take a decision and reflect on what's going on."

blaugrana1987

"A price of €200m and we decided we wouldn't do it. That's an example of the way football is now. This club and this board will not get involved in that, though. What's happened in the transfer market this summer has taken us to a totally different model of football which we're not used to."
Too bad they chased ghosts until very end of TW with other clubs knowing we got 250m in bank. That is bad decision on your part pal...

Devils

I cannot fathom how any human being would believe such lies. If the socis let this slide they have allowed this club to crumble.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Somehow I don't think that going to UEFA handkerchiefs in hand is going to help us.

We're not the only club dealing with this inflated market.

Total-Football

Robert: "We signed Gerard Deulofeu because we though he could be very useful to us."

Robert: "On the right we had several options but we opted to sign Nelson Semedo."

Robert: "I have no doubt that Paulinho will change many people's opinions on him."

Robert: "Many doubt Paulinho's qualities, he will do what is necessary to change their minds.

Robert: "We have decided to loan out Marlon, Munir, Samper and Douglas. We want them to grow so they can return next season."

Robert: "We have a lot of confidence in Vermaelen. He has had injuries but Valverde is happy with the player."

Soler: "The transfer market is broken. The traditional clubs are no longer the protagonists, but the countries and the investment funds."

Soler: "The president and the board have asked us not to jeopardise our heritage. We have taken certain decisions to achieve this."

Soler: "Liverpool wanted €200m for Coutinho. The club decided not to continue with the operation. We will not put Barça at risk."

Soler: "When everyone knows the amount of money you have obtained, the money they ask for is exorbitant."

Robert: "We have a magnificent team, they are used to being the best on the continent. Valverde is satisfied.

Soler: "We have made the most expensive signing in the history of the Club, but we do not want to put our economic viability at risk."

Soler: "We are self-critical, you can always do better."

Soler: "Both the president and I did not know anything about Neymar's departure in advance."

Soler: "We have the best team to start the competitions with. Today we do not think about the winter market.

Robert: "The signings we have made will bring a lot to the team. Any fans knows this."

Robert: "The renewal of Messi is validated by both parties. We wouldn't have announced it if there wasn't an agreement."

Soler: "If we had been irresponsible with money surely we would have resigned by now.

Robert: "What Unai Emery said isn't true, he knows very well that Verratti is a player we wanted."

Soler: "There will be no resignations"

Robert: "Seri and Iñigo were two players that we looked at but we decided that it was best not to sign them."

Soler: "We run this club differently than how it was run in the past. We want the best possible results."

Soler: "PSG wanted €70m for Di Maria. We didn't want to pay that much."

Soler: "Everyone needs to be calm. There is no problem with Messi and his new contract."

Robert: "Yes I said we will sign a player, but we couldn't get him in the end."

Robert: "We will analyse La Masia and bring players up."

Soler: "We thank Coutinho for his efforts to push a move but we could not afford to pay €200m to Liverpool."

Soler: "We don't fear Messi not renewing. The contract extension is done."

Robert: "Don't ask me about Real Madrid or their players. I don't know anything

Barcilliant

They are right about some things but so wrong about others. We have a " magnificent" team?! Lol.

When a big team in CL gives us another thrashing I want to hear what Robert says- if he is still here.

blaugrana1987

For them being out of quarter finals is magnificent. As long as club is "financially heathly". Btw that answer about Real madrid and these idiots asking "What about James?". Fucking James will go for 60-80m EASILY next year if they want to. Like Morratta for fucking 80m. We cannot even loan our deadweight.

jamrock

Lol @ we want munir,Douglas to come back next season as better players.

Also at we run the club differently than those in the past.

I knew at the end of the day, they would go back to thier standard talking points about financial responsibility

How anyone thinks these guys were are or will be good custodians of the club is beyond me.

George_Costanza

I watched the press and I wasn't impressed by the journalists' questions. It seems like as if Barcelona management handed the questions to them to ask.

Home of Barca Fans