Antoine Griezmann

xXKonan

It's not like he's going to be a full blown winger anyway.

if anything he will play as a Left forward with Alba providing much of the width on the left hand side.

YodaMaster

Oh please... He hasn't played there for Atletico and he hasn't played there for France either. Last time he played on a wing was when he was a youngster at Real Sociedad. The player completely changed and evolved. I mean have you even seen him play these days ? He hasn't the abilities of a winger at all ! He isn't fast, he isn't a dribbler, he isn't know for his crosses: today's Griezmann has nothing to do on a wing, it's as simple as that. He'll still be ok if you put him there though because he's talented but it will just restrict his qualities.

It's like buying Dybala and make him play on the left wing: complete nonsense. You don't buy players for these prices in order to make them play at positions where they can't show their best skills.

YodaMaster

The other thing is: we can't go back to 2012 and put Messi in that false 9 position just like that. Today's Messi need a real 9 in front of him who can trouble the opponent's defense, that's how Messi and Barça perform at their best.

gasgas

So now you want to take a player who thrives on a free role and shackle him to the left wing expecting that somehow he'll perform the same and worth 100 million Euros :facepalm:

Neeraj

I actually think Greizman can play a no 9 role, but a different kind of no. 9. Not the kind we are used to seeing. Someone who can latch on to balls played through by Messi on the ground with some pace and neat skills. Plus, him, Messi and Dembele can interchange.

It will take some tweaking, but I think it could work. Whatever it is, it will be better than what Suarez does, because it's not like Suarez contributes anything with hold up play (like Benzema does, or used to).

That, plus it will be useful to have someone who can step into the shoes of Messi when required (from an attacking sense).

Last edited:

gasgas

Oh please... He hasn't played there for Atletico and he hasn't played there for France either. Last time he played on a wing was when he was a youngster at Real Sociedad. The player completely changed and evolved. I mean have you even seen him play these days ? He hasn't the abilities of a winger at all ! He isn't fast, he isn't a dribbler, he isn't know for his crosses: today's Griezmann has nothing to do on a wing, it's as simple as that. He'll still be ok if you put him there though because he's talented but it will just restrict his qualities.

It's like buying Dybala and make him play on the left wing: complete nonsense. You don't buy players for these prices in order to make them play at positions where they can't show their best skills.

Exactly

God Serena

Our wingers aren't traditional wingers by any means. They all cut inside anyways. Our crossing and our width comes from the attacking fullbacks.

Vilarrubi

Mental if true. In a good way... I still don’t know how Messi/Suárez/Dembele/Griezmann fit into a starting 11.. I’m classing Coutinho in this case as a midfielder if we get him.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He's not as lethal as Suarez but has better link up play, Suarez loses the ball so many times

Also he's faster than Suarez so hopefully there won't be an offside every 2 minutes because Suarez has to play the offside trap to get any room

Raketa10

Where will Suarez play if he comes? In what position? If someone has an answer to that question I would like to hear it? And please stop with nonsense that we will sell Suarez because we all know we won’t do that next summer. Benching Suarez with his 20 mil sallary is also beyond logic.

I am not against Griezmann, he is a FANTASTIC player but let’s be realistic Messi, Coutinho, Dembele, Suarez and Griezmann can not function in the same squad!

Only logical solution would be non-stop rotation douring 2018/19 and selling Suarez in 2019.

Last edited:

Alik

Where will Suarez play if he comes? In what position? If someone has an answer to that question I would like to hear it? And please stop with nonsense that we will sell Suarez because we all know we won’t do that next summer. Benching Suarez with his 20 mil sallary is also beyond logic.

I am not against Griezmann, he is a FANTASTIC player but let’s be realistic Messi, Coutinho, Dembele, Suarez and Griezmann can not function in the same squad!

I don't think we'll get both Griezmann and Coutinho.

Home of Barca Fans