Which CB would you sign for Barça?

Which CB would you sign?

• Total voters
D

Don_Andrés

Kompany's having problems with Mancini right now apparently. Which is probably why he's being linked with a move out of City.

There's no guarantee that Mancini will be there after the end of this season. Also Kompany's married to a Manchester girl. All these are problems which could prevent him from moving out of City. I think for this move to happen, Kompany has to make it known that he want's to move, then you have a negotiating position to work from.

Hellsangel

Mancini will move before Kompany does imo. Vince is the captain of City and he has engaged himself behind the City project. He wants city to succeed and become a european force. That being said he would still be awesome for barça

Pepe Silvia

1:34 is Zabaleta
2:42 is Zabaleta.
5:03 is not even that bad

He got dicked around by Cristiano Ronaldo (who had a very good game and was on top form) while the current leader of our defence Piquenbauer gets dicked around every game by everyone.
i can't argue that.

M

Messi+Eto

I agree. He looked disappointing against Madrid in both games. In the first leg he ducked like a wimp for Ronaldo's winner. In the second leg he should have been easily sent off for kicking, grabbing and fouling Ronaldo all game. See here:

1:34 grabbing Ronaldo from behind on a counterattack - definite yellow
2:05 gets beaten by Ronaldo twice
2:42: completely messing up the offside trap
5:03 pushing Ronaldo with his arms
6:41: 100 % second yellow card, just blocking his path and pushing Ronaldo with his arms

If he did this in a Barca jersey we'd be calling for his head.

Of course I'd rather have Kompany than Vermaelen, David Luiz, Skrtel or other scrubs but he's not that great.

Barca should look for Mangala.

Lol. . . How does Zabaleta even look like Kompany?

Hummels may not be that fast but he is not near as slow as you guys make him out here and I dont understand why people aredoubting his physical strength he only destroyed Mario Gomez over and over again the last few seasons whilst Pepe and Sergio who were the so called best CB pairing in the world last year were getting manhandled by him in the semis. My doubts about him is that Hummels like most CBs around the world cannot control a back four

Also also what do you guys think of someone like Kaboul?, he is quick and strong in the air etc and a great season last year. been injured this season but will most certainly be paired with Vertonghen next year that is unless vertonghen leaves

Mesu

Hummels is the best option for Barca, he is truly top class. He has the ability to stop skillful and speedy forwards, has a great technique of takkling, very good in the air, good positioning, good passing, ball control and very calm. He is what Barca needs. IMO he is the answer to Barca's defensive problems.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Hummels is the best option for Barca, he is truly top class. He has the ability to stop skillful and speedy forwards, has a great technique of takkling, very good in the air, good positioning, good passing, ball control and very calm. He is what Barca needs. IMO he is the answer to Barca's defensive problems.

Don't buy into all the Hummels hype. He's good, but not THAT good. I'd say his strengths are the same as Pique except he has FAR more aerial prowess than his Catalan counterpart. Plus he's rather slow, not a really hard working defender, not many leadership qualities, and not that amazing defensively either. Having 2 Pique-style defenders will make our defense unorganized, undisciplined, and passive. The defender we buy should be more in the mold of Puyol.

F

Frejsgodes

Don't buy into all the Hummels hype. He's good, but not THAT good. I'd say his strengths are the same as Pique except he has FAR more aerial prowess than his Catalan counterpart. Plus he's rather slow, not a really hard working defender, not many leadership qualities, and not that amazing defensively either. Having 2 Pique-style defenders will make our defense unorganized, undisciplined, and passive. The defender we buy should be more in the mold of Puyol.
Martinez or Marquinhos it is then.

Arachnid

Rumour has it Vasco de Gama is pimping Dedé all over Europe. Tall, fairly fast, with Puyol-like strength when facing opponents...

desoe

Rumour has it Vasco de Gama is pimping Dedé all over Europe. Tall, fairly fast, with Puyol-like strength when facing opponents...

Buying two south americans who never played in Europe before in a same summer - that's what I call YOLO.

Arachnid

Buying two south americans who never played in Europe before in a same summer - that's what I call YOLO.

It's not like the Brazilian league is particularly weak. Plenty of Brazilian rookies have been successful lately, like Oscar, or Lucas Moura.

Home of Barca Fans