Finland

Twizku

The Twizmeister
As a Finn I'm interested about what you think of our national team. In Finland most of us support them silently but make fun of them also for example: we say "We're a really good "potkupallo" ( "kickball" ) country... too bad everybody else plays football". So what are your opinions? Are we good? Are we bad? Tell me! PS. This is my first thread, lets hope it'll go good

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
You should stick to sitting in the sauna and then rolling through the ice ;)

Finland just has a too old squad..... you need some good youth academies.

Twizku

The Twizmeister
It does seem like your talent pool is aging quickly...hopefully a new generation can make an impact too, and defeat the evil Swedes!
:lol: the evil Swedes! Hopefully we won't be completely horrible at the under 20s championship so some of the young players can make it to the team. SORRY! This went off topic.

You should stick to sitting in the sauna and then rolling through the ice ;)

Finland just has a too old squad..... you need some good youth academies.

Yeah, we have a really old sqaud ( I think the average is maybe over 30, I'm not sure ). The problem with the transition is we fear that we won't find any better players :giggle: . And our youth system is awful. I'm thinking of kidnaping Torres', Ronaldo's, Xabi Alonso's, Valdes' and Totti's boys and give all of them a finnish nationality so they can play in our national team :lol:

Lemmi

The Reckoner
mikael forssell is worth a follow on twitter, one very funny mofo.

litmanen must be 55 by now, he is immortal.

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Yeah, we have a really old sqaud ( I think the average is maybe over 30, I'm not sure ). The problem with the transition is we fear that we won't find any better players :giggle: . And our youth system is awful. I'm thinking of kidnaping Torres', Ronaldo's, Xabi Alonso's, Valdes' and Totti's boys and give all of them a finnish nationality so they can play in our national team :lol:

They'd never be able to speak Finnish though. That language is TOO HARD :lol:

Twizku

The Twizmeister
just get conan o'brien to rally for you guys :lol:
That's a great idea. The only reason why he knows about us is because somebody ( most likely a Finn ) pointed out he looks like our president. I mean come on, how boring are we if we spotted that :lol:

They'd never be able to speak Finnish though. That language is TOO HARD :lol:
It doesn't matter :lol: As long as they play good football. And if Finnish is too hard they can learn Swedish. And if my father learnt Finnish anyone can!

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
finally, you are one of those finnish people that dont seem depressed with life.

i have met a few finnish people (on exchange) and wow, they have this ability of sucking the life of the party unless they are drunk (at which point, they just turn weird)

Home of Barca Fans