Would you trade Dembele for Neymar?

• YES

Votes: 52 72.2%
  • NO

Votes: 20 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raketa10

As Coutinho is loaned to Bayern, only player left to trade for Neymar could be Dembele so would you trade him for Neymar or not?

Givenchy

YES

I was a big fan of Dembouz and believed in him when others wrote him off early but he just isn't gonna make it at Barca. its a mismatch in style no matter who the manager is

he would tear it up at PSG or Liverpool

Neymessi

A simple exchange wouldn't happen. Even if it's not PSG, the other club will demand a lot of money apart from Dembele.

For a simple swap, it's a no brainer.

PhilS

The only way Dembele should continue with the team is if Neymar is not acquired. As a practical matter, if Neymar comes, Dembele would almost never play.

If Neymar does not come, the team should probably hold onto Dembele for at least one more season. It's not a good bet that he will help the team much, but it is certainly possible.

I'd recommend that Dembele go to a team that does not play in the Champions League. He needs a couple of seasons playing a lot, so that maybe he can can become the good player that he is not as of now.

Raketa10

YES

I was a big fan of Dembouz and believed in him when others wrote him off early but he just isn't gonna make it at Barca. its a mismatch in style no matter who the manager is

he would tear it up at PSG or Liverpool

I partially agree with you but since we don't have Xavi-Iniesta here anymore why are we forcing a style that doesn't suit any of new players we bought? Style of play should be developed to enhance advantages of players you have and not their weaknesses. If you buy 140 and 105 mil players you should adapt your style to fit them in and we did quite the opposite with Cou and Dembouz. Having a really fast player is a must for every team nowadays but it seams only Barca doesn't know how to utilize that unbelievable speed he has. He also plays with both legs which is pretty hard to find. If you ask me that shows how clueless Valverde actually is.

In the end what is our style of play right now? Give ball to Messi style? That's not a style that's embarrassment for a club like Barca.

You have to be a true idiot to try to play in the same way we did 5 or 10 years ago when it's obvious we can't. We should change our style and try to adapt according to players we have. Even with Neymar here that 4-3-3 we played before would be a wrong choice. First of all because we don't have a RW secondly because Messi plays more like a number 10 now and thirdly our midfield is much weaker now. IMHO we should try with 4-2-3-1 since I am sure that would suit both Demebele and Griezmann better than our usual 4-3-3.

Last edited:

JohnN

For a straight up swap... Absolutely yes!
For a swap + <50m... yes!
For anything more... no!

Pros:
Dembele is neither a creator, nor a finisher. Neymar is both.
Dembele doesn't make runs behind the defence. Neymar does.
Dembele doesn't make through balls. Neymar does.
Dembele can't pass in tight, or even not so tight, spaces. Neymar is great at it.
Both have enough pace for counters. But, Neymar has better decision making.
Neymar is an exelect free kick taker.
Dembele seems unfit for any possession based system.
Neymar has proven he can carry this team on some occasions. Dembele hasn't done anything of that sort.

Neymar is above and beyond a much better overall player.

Cons:
Neymar is 27, Dembele is 22.
Neymar's injury record the last couple of years. (Perhaps a deal breaker)
Neymar's ball hogging and dives. (Dives will remain forever. Ball hogging can be fixed, not by Valverde though.)
Neymar's departure decision and sega. (...no comment...)
Possibility that Dembele has an exponential improvement as he is still young. (Can't see this happening to be honest, but i am not an oracle, so anything can happen).
Alba's possible relapse to mediocrity.

Givenchy

I partially agree with you but since we don't have Xavi-Iniesta here anymore why are we forcing a style that doesn't suit any of new players we bought? Style of play should be developed to enhance advantages of players you have and not their weaknesses. If you buy 140 and 105 mil players you should adapt your style to fit them in and we did quite the opposite with Cou and Dembouz. Having a really fast player is a must for every team nowadays but it seams only Barca doesn't know how to utilize that unbelievable speed he has. If you ask me that shows how clueless Valverde actually is.

In the end what is our style of play right now? Give ball to Messi style? That's not a style that's embarrassment for a club like Barca.

I think the main issue with our style right now is Messi. I'm not totally blaming him, its natural we shift our game to get the best out of the GOAT and the player we depend on most but as hes gotten older, the team suffers more and more as an actual system. Messi is basically a false-RW these days, he doesn't have that electric pace anymore and honestly his positioning is all over the place. how can a team expect to function when the RW is dropping so deep hes stood next to Busi, leaving the RB with no option but to pass back AND a midfielder ends up covering for his lack of workrate. he won't be playing false 9 either.. in todays football you cant do that vs the likes of Liverpool, City etc.

Valverde has a huge part to play in this shit also ofcourse but imo the main reason for this current mess is his inability to bench seniors and take control of the team. i cant believe hes THAT clueless honestly

Barca has 2 different struggles going on. you have the seniors wanting quick success as their careers are coming to an end thus the younger players mistakes are going to be doubly frustrating and on the flip side you have promising youngsters not progressing under a terrible manager. imho we need a huge seniors clearout and focus on the future of Barca

under a different manager and playing in his favoured RW position, Dembele could of been the next big thing but its best for both parties if he leaves now

Raketa10

I think the main issue with our style right now is Messi. I'm not totally blaming him, its natural we shift our game to get the best out of the GOAT and the player we depend on most but as hes gotten older, the team suffers more and more as an actual system. Messi is basically a false-RW these days, he doesn't have that electric pace anymore and honestly his positioning is all over the place. how can a team expect to function when the RW is dropping so deep hes stood next to Busi, leaving the RB with no option but to pass back AND a midfielder ends up covering for his lack of workrate. he won't be playing false 9 either.. in todays football you cant do that vs the likes of Liverpool, City etc.

Valverde has a huge part to play in this shit also ofcourse but imo the main reason for this current mess is his inability to bench seniors and take control of the team. i cant believe hes THAT clueless honestly

Barca has 2 different struggles going on. you have the seniors wanting quick success as their careers are coming to an end thus the younger players mistakes are going to be doubly frustrating and on the flip side you have promising youngsters not progressing under a terrible manager. imho we need a huge seniors clearout and focus on the future of Barca

under a different manager and playing in his favoured RW position, Dembele could of been the next big thing but its best for both parties if he leaves now

That's the reason I said we need to try something different. That 4-3-3 without a RW doesn't make any sense. To be fair I absolutely hated that 4-4-2 but it made more sense than this shit we are playing now. Why not try with 4-2-3-1? Messi could play behind a striker and it would suit both Arthur and De Jong not to mention it could be transformed easily to 4-4-2 if needed during the game.

Vilarrubi

Yes. No brainer.. even with Dembele + cash.

Neymar had won the treble in his 2nd season here playing a key part at the same age Dembele is.

Dembele is playing worse than when he first joined looking like an anorexic Lukaku with donkey touches and misplaced passes.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
How I would imagine it would go if a Neymar-Dembele swap were to happen

DSC00301-2-960x262.jpg

Home of Barca Fans