Juan Román Riquelme

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
When you see stuff like that you get a feel for how underappreciated Leo remains...Argentines are nutters about their footy aren't they?

PearLBLacK

Banned
Read that earlier. Unsung legend if there was any. But he should've stayed in Europe, imo.

Wish the best for him.

Scumbag Champion

I would wrestle alligators, handcuff lightning and crawl naked over broken glass just to watch a minute of Riquelme NOW, nevermind in his pomp. Without Riquelme, there could never be a Messi - hope you guys realize that.

Messi is very fortunate how he is indulged (and probably rightly so at Barca), he should thank his lucky stars Van Gaal wasn't here when he signed.

I'd take Roman over Leo any day of the week, and I'll stick by that decision until the day I die.

PS And I'm nearly 50, and seen all the greats and I am very, very, very hard to impress.

misterplatin

I would wrestle alligators, handcuff lightning and crawl naked over broken glass just to watch a minute of Riquelme NOW, nevermind in his pomp. Without Riquelme, there could never be a Messi - hope you guys realize that.

Messi is very fortunate how he is indulged (and probably rightly so at Barca), he should thank his lucky stars Van Gaal wasn't here when he signed.

I'd take Roman over Leo any day of the week, and I'll stick by that decision until the day I die.

PS And I'm nearly 50, and seen all the greats and I am very, very, very hard to impress.

I don't understand when u said "Without Riquelme, there could never be a Messi."

Scumbag Champion

Riquelme was the type of player (along with the likes of Aimar, Ortega, D'Alessandro), that made that 'Number 10'/Fantasista role what it is today - not so long ago, teams would line up in a strict, 4-4-2 formation and things were less fluid.

Even in the days of Platini, Baggio, and even Maradona. players such as Messi were not indulged like they are nowadays with the rest of the team built around them.

raskolnikov

Always liked Riquelme, even bought a jersey with his name on it back in 2003 in Barcelona.
Too bad Van Gaal didnt threat him fairly at Barca, he was great at Villarreal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Was one of my favourite players. Could have achieved much, much more. Nonetheless, a great career. Legend.

Home of Barca Fans