Pep Segura

Morten

So, this guy has made it his mission to block a possible Thiago transfer, just for the lulz? Like, wtf are your board member smoking these days? Getting Thiago for a reasonable fee is something any club would do, so what if he left, you have bought back a number of Barcelona players over the years, why is he so incredibly butthurt over Thiago in particular?

Obviously i hope you dont bring him back, but really, its difficult to even comprehend your board members sometimes.

M

MessiCam

hate to say it but Rosell to Barto already have.. la masia is a wreck, we have mini-Mourinho as manager playing shit on a stick football
Who do you think was in charge of La Masia? Yeah, you guessed it... None other than Pep Segura (2015 - 2017). Now he is in a position which, not only does he not deserve but was invented for him.

Right now this is where we’re at...

Appointed Abidal and Planes as faces and mouthpieces to appease the Soci’s.

Griezmann is not coming...

Eriksen cannot be signed due to financial constraints and even if it weren’t the case it would be a very expensive exercise...

They refuse to pay a few extra Million to bring in Arthur by triggering his release clause instead of this option they have but they were happy to pay 14 Million for a dancing clown in Yerry Mina...

Ajax playing hardball regarding de Jong...

News on Lenglet has died down recently...

The world class midfielder who could be available at a reasonable price has been discarded because Segura will only sign players who left on a free transfer...

Only 1 dead wood sale has taken place thus far (Deulofeu)...

Marlon is on his way back, so is Rafinha and I fully expect to hear that Arda (due to his big ban) will be coming home too...

Munir, also out on loan, is neither here nor there and his contract expires in a year. I expect he won’t sign an extension and will choose to leave on a Bosman.

Gomes, Paco, Vidal are still leeching on the wage tit and there is no serious interest in any of them...

Edit: Scratch Paco off that list... He is expected to stay now that Griezmann hasn’t been signed because they don’t have a choice. Of course you have a choice! Sign another forward or bring Munir back. At least he offers more...

Last edited:

Joan

Who do you think was in charge of La Masia? Yeah, you guessed it... None other than Pep Segura (2015 - 2017). Now he is in a position which, not only does he not deserve but was invented for him.
Don't think it was invented. He's our general manager, while it's true we didn't have one before his promotion, some held the same position before.

I believe Zubizarreta did the same job. As I see it, the board doesn't know much about football so they have a general manager, whom they trust, running the sporting department. Not necesarily a bad idea, but the wrong guy.

M

MessiCam

Don't think it was invented. He's our general manager, while it's true we didn't have one before his promotion, some held the same position before.

I believe Zubizarreta did the same job. As I see it, the board doesn't know much about football so they have a general manager, whom they trust, running the sporting department. Not necesarily a bad idea, but the wrong guy.
Zubi was a technical director like Fernandez. Went out to scout, was involved in negotiations. It’s a more hands on role.

What Segura does is approve and delegate.

Joan

Zubi was a technical director like Fernandez. Went out to scout, was involved in negotiations. It’s a more hands on role.

What Segura does is approve and delegate.

That's what he did.

But the position existed before. Segura might be given additional power.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So, this guy has made it his mission to block a possible Thiago transfer, just for the lulz? Like, wtf are your board member smoking these days? Getting Thiago for a reasonable fee is something any club would do, so what if he left, you have bought back a number of Barcelona players over the years, why is he so incredibly butthurt over Thiago in particular?

Obviously i hope you dont bring him back, but really, its difficult to even comprehend your board members sometimes.

Yep, they have no problem chasing Verratti all summer from the club that never sells their star players, but if the clubs is open on selling world class midfielder and he actually wants to join, then they are like "Yeah, no thank you, that's too easy".

M

MessiCam

That's what he did.

But the position existed before. Segura might be given additional power.
No. The position didn’t exist before.

Barça had a technical commission of 4/5 with the coach and Soler working in tandem who reported directly to Bartomeu. Now Segura is in charge of all things football. Nothing gets done without him as far as football is concerned.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
[SPORT] | PSG must sell to be in order with the FFP, Barça could benefit, Rabiot, DiMaria and Verratti interest the club. Barca could look to buy Di Maria.

Holy fuck I can't believe this. I was saying this shit as a joke earlier, that we would sign di Maria.

Now it seems we're genuinely interested in frigging Rabiot too??? A mediocre player with limited potential. These guys really don't know how to judge talent at all. Couldn't tell the difference between Mbappe and Martial if you held a gun to their head.

We should be getting De Jong. We should be getting Thiago. Not being linked with this PSG deadweight or crippled Gundogan. Seriously ridiculous that we're willing to bend over for PSG and take garbage players off their hands so that they clean up their mess with FFP, for no reason.

The club is honestly hopeless right now. Simply too much incompetence at every level of decision making. We very well might be in for a Summer of L's sequel.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Out of that sentence how did we end up interested in Di Maria :lol: just give us Verratti

They will never sell us Verratti, but you can best believe Farto will bend over to fix their FFP issues and get us Rabiot/Di Maria thinking that's EXACTLY what Barca needed reinforcement with this whole time. Never mind how rubbish they are.

I can already feel it coming. This is just one of those predictable L's they love serving us with, completely their style.

Joan

No. The position didn’t exist before.

Barça had a technical commission of 4/5 with the coach and Soler working in tandem who reported directly to Bartomeu. Now Segura is in charge of all things football. Nothing gets done without him as far as football is concerned.

Look at this:

Pep Segura is Barcelona's new general manager. position which has been left empty since Andoni Zubizarreta's departure from Barcelona is set to be occupied by Pep Segura, who was announced as the new general manager of the Blaugrana.

JamDav1982

You’re right, La Masia is not a wreck. It’s a train wreck...

No it isnt.

Just won another UEFA youth CL and winning in every category.

La Masia is still producing more good young players than any other club and clubs are coming offering big money to those players every year so some leave.

The group that are going to B team next year are about as strong as have been in years.

Home of Barca Fans