Neymar Jr. - v5

LeeRomeno

What makes some coaches better than others? Ability to adapt your ideas and philosophy to the players you have. You may be a tactical genius, but if you do not play on the strengths of your players, you will sooner or later fail. Lucho is a very smart coach in this sense. He may take too many risks at times and his player choices can be questioned, but what he has really done with so many players is allowed them to excel in what they do best. U do not put a tiger into a cage and think he will be useful for you there.
Neymar needs freedom and free hands in doing what he does. I am 100% convinced that Lucho does not restrict him in doing his tracks and "slowing down" the game at time and making dumb decisions. Because ultimately this is what keeps our opponents at their toes. They simply cannot take a breath against Neymar on the field, he will always try turning you inside out, provoke you, get on your nerves. He is really not a likable character and falls out of the Peps "schoolboy" squad or how did Ibra describe that. He has a rebel nature, with as many haters as many likers. But as long as he plays on Barca shirt, i never want him contained or turned into some boring sideways passer like many seem to be desiring. As for him sucking lately, the positive elements he brings to the game are still outweighing the negatives. I never ever want Barca to turn into that ineffective boring squad that simply cannot score against parked busses because they always follow the most "logical" and "safe" pass. Ever since Neymar joined Barca, our game has been unpredictable, more direct and dangerous as well.
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

snowy

... Form is temporary, class is permanent.
+ ad infinitum and beyond! Great post dude :rockon:

and I would add, even those saying ney's been in poor form, it's always relatively to his unrealized potential. But to chastise him for it is really kinda unfair. Even when not playing at his ultimate best, he still dominates and contributes in so many ways. So glad we have him in our team, that's for sure.

Alongside with Leo and Andre, he's been in my top 3 favs for years :) my only gripe with him is that he eats McYukkies. Some1 should get him acquainted with gourmet food and the culinary arts, c'mon!!!

By the way, any1 knows if Barca have an official team nutritionist? Surely, food intake can have an impact...

Last edited:

aaron101

So basically, the fans are free to insult, shout racist words or provoke our players but our players can't retaliate?

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
What makes some coaches better than others? Ability to adapt your ideas and philosophy to the players you have. You may be a tactical genius, but if you do not play on the strengths of your players, you will sooner or later fail. Lucho is a very smart coach in this sense. He may take too many risks at times and his player choices can be questioned, but what he has really done with so many players is allowed them to excel in what they do best. U do not put a tiger into a cage and think he will be useful for you there.
Neymar needs freedom and free hands in doing what he does. I am 100% convinced that Lucho does not restrict him in doing his tracks and "slowing down" the game at time and making dumb decisions. Because ultimately this is what keeps our opponents at their toes. They simply cannot take a breath against Neymar on the field, he will always try turning you inside out, provoke you, get on your nerves. He is really not a likable character and falls out of the Peps "schoolboy" squad or how did Ibra describe that. He has a rebel nature, with as many haters as many likers. But as long as he plays on Barca shirt, i never want him contained or turned into some boring sideways passer like many seem to be desiring. As for him sucking lately, the positive elements he brings to the game are still outweighing the negatives. I never ever want Barca to turn into that ineffective boring squad that simply cannot score against parked busses because they always follow the most "logical" and "safe" pass. Ever since Neymar joined Barca, our game has been unpredictable, more direct and dangerous as well.

Lucho is not using Neymar's strenghts at all, he is most dangerous in the final third where he can provide a through ball or take a shot and yet he drops very deep and tries to be a playmaker where he is struggling constantly. And it's not just Neymar, the whole tactical setup this season is messed up with all the rotations and injuries.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So basically, the fans are free to insult, shout racist words or provoke our players but our players can't retaliate?

No. But it's not the same either. One is public figure and as such holds greater responsibility than faceless mass.

Have you ever been to stadiums btw.? Very concept of stadiums and sports is for crowd to have a vent outlet.

+ ad infinitum and beyond! Great post dude :rockon:

and I would add, even those saying ney's been in poor form, it's always relatively to his unrealized potential. But to chastise him for it is really kinda unfair. Even when not playing at his ultimate best, he still dominates and contributes in so many ways. So glad we have him in our team, that's for sure.

By the way, any1 knows if Barca have an official team nutritionist? Surely, food intake can have an impact...

Barca have more than one nutritionist, I assume.

But no, Neymar hasn't only been bad with respect to his massive potential. He's been mediocre by barça's regular standards, just as Pedro or Alexis have before him. Right now Suarez is too. I'm obligated to say this to ward off the crazies.

14/15, is actually a season where Neymar disappointed with regards to his potential, but not barça's standards. Forget fancy dribbles or vision, he mostly sucked at it. But part of his action was to be the team's spearhead and he did that part close to perfection.

snowy

.. I'm obligated to say this to ward off the crazies. ..

:lol: thx.

Still gotta hard time linking mediocre to Ney but I admit I'm a superfan so maybe I don't see the flaws... Why do all the top managers praise him though? Is it that they think they can get him and weed off his bad habits, kinda like girls wanna do with bad boys? lol

gasgas

This is by far the best post I have read this entire year.
Take the trophy and go :cry:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

Still gotta hard time linking mediocre to Ney but I admit I'm a superfan so maybe I don't see the flaws... Why do all the top managers praise him though? Is it that they think they can get him and weed off his bad habits, kinda like girls wanna do with bad boys? lol

They see what he's capable of, everybody does, big question that will have to be asked when his carreer is over, is on average, over his X years of football, did he under or over-perform, so far the balance is in the underperform side, he only over-performed for 3 months (octo-dec 2015) if you really wanna talk about his true level.

Though most of the fans here seem content with him being subpar even by his own standard, so, what do I know.

kind of what Vlom said. And you're not one of the crazies, these guys spend their whole time pitting players against each other. What a bore.

The flaws I see in Neymar are his predominantly useless ball-hogging (so many of his successful dribbles are sideways in midfield), his attitude, and his regular passing. Horrible penalty taker too. In 14/15 his finishing was excellent, not so much these days.

Hatem Ben Arfa

I don't accept Neymar's behavior and by no means justify it, but why does the provocation fall solely on him? Valencia fans were already insulting the team and physically attacked our players before the game even started, then Ney flips out and it turns out it's all his fault? Give me a break...

Those who are condemning him are the same ones who celebrated Raul doing the silence gesture in Camp Nou, are the same that ignored "Calma, calma" and even worse, those who turned a blind eye when the "Fodase" was directed at them...

I heard nothing about Barca players being attacked by Valencia fans before the game. If that is true, all the more reason not to provoke them further like a nincompoop. He should be punished.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I heard nothing about Barca players being attacked by Valencia fans before the game. If that is true, all the more reason not to provoke them further like a nincompoop. He should be punished.

The fact that you heard nothing about fans throwing stuff at Alcácer and hitting him the face, plus insulting other of our players BEFORE the match started further proves my point that this is just Madrid press stirring shit... All the video evidence for what I said is out there, but the news only focused on Ney throwing an insult in order to try to justify the bottle being thrown... Also, let's not forget that the bottle was the only thing that impacted our players, as there is also plenty of evidence that other objects were thrown that went to miss their intended targets...

So if Ney is going to be punished then it should be something like 50 euro, considering Valencia got a 1000 euro fine or something like that... This has been blown way out of proportion, even though Ney was really out of line there...

Last edited:

SahanBarca

Spanish media have revealed Neymar is believed to have shouted "Take it up your a**" towards the home fans, which tipped them over the edge considering they were clearly riled by their team conceding the last minute penalty.

Home of Barca Fans