11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
Not sure if it was an argument between them or Neymar frustratedly asking Pique about the unfairness of a certain situation.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
25 million? He basically got double salary and Barca gets only 10 mil. increased release clause.

Bending over for Neymar has no limits.

25 M ? clean ?

That would mean he's above Messi .. how much will Messi be upped to then ?

Hahaha, this kid and his father are geniuses at this point.

And yes, he hasn't signed yet, not enough fake drama and offers to get the numbers up and up and up and up, while the football offered in exchange goes down and down and down.

Genius.

Messi983

He hasn't sign yet but everything is agreed for months since the club first announce the deal. Apparently his wages will be 15M with bonuses (based on individual and team performances) that can go up to around 25M.

Messi is currently paid 22M but I've read somewhere that with his new contract this will be raised to around 25M and with bonuses that can go up to 35-40M.

Icarium

Lifestealer
15M for neymar and 25M for messi is very fair. One is best player in the world and other is most marketable. But what the fuck are those bonuses? Who the fuck even gets 70-80% of their salary as bonuses seriously?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
15M for neymar and 25M for messi is very fair. One is best player in the world and other is most marketable. But what the fuck are those bonuses? Who the fuck even gets 70-80% of their salary as bonuses seriously?

It'll rise to 20, no worries. They can't just put fixed salary that high due to all shit with Uefa fair play stuff.

Oh, Neymar already got abnormal bonuses. Remember the sign on paymemt to his dad? 40 million or something, was it.

BBZ8800

Who the fuck even gets 70-80% of their salary as bonuses seriously?

15M as fixed.
And probably an additional 1M for each Barca's match in which Neymar features :troll:

Barto's style of payment :bartomeu:

I'm joking, but still, numbers aren't probably too far off.
In these 4 years with having Neymar in our team, we have probably spent around 250-300M on him (100M transfer fee, all additional fees, money to his dad, money to 3rd parties, money paid on court as penalties, additional money to be paid again to 3rd parties this year after another court process, money paid for a first option for random players of Santos as a part of Neymar's deal and then salaries which are probably closer to 30-40M yearly in the end).

If we won't win major trophies this season, this is quite an expensive player if he won't have a bigger impact.
12 assists and 8 goals against Betis, Deportivo and Leganes aren't actually worth all that money, imo.

Anyway, this topic is quiet lately: we have a match against City today, let's see if Neymar can break the curse and actually play a good match against a bigger team, for the first time since February 2016 and matches against Arsenal.

We gave you a lot of money, Neyboy.
Now let's see how do you perform against bigger boys. You should play like a 300M player now :popcom:

Last edited:

Neeraj

Expensive, true, but the club looks at itself as a business. Whether he wins us trophies or not, merchandising will most probably recoup most if not all the money you pay for him.

Of course, if you keep playing below par, the marketability is lost and you don't bring in as much in ancillary revenue. It's connected, but in the short term, it's a business investment, even if you want to argue that the footballing investment isn't sound.

BBZ8800

Expensive, true, but the club looks at itself as a business. Whether he wins us trophies or not, merchandising will most probably recoup most if not all the money you pay for him.

Of course, if you keep playing below par, the marketability is lost and you don't bring in as much in ancillary revenue. It's connected, but in the short term, it's a business investment, even if you want to argue that the footballing investment isn't sound.

This part is true and it should be added into a context when we love and hate Neymar.

Seeing how much we are paying for him (transfer fee, all penalties and problems afterwards and currently insane wages plus huge bonuses), it is clear lately that Neymar is not "only" a footballer (like Rakitic, Roberto, Alba for example) but a huge marketing business today.

I am not saying that he is not playing well or that he has zero impact.
But sport turned into a huge (strange) business and into a huge show, not necessarily related only to sport results and trophies.

Expensive, true, but the club looks at itself as a business.

The irony, to some extent is, that we (Barca) always claimed that we are more than a club, that we are not only a business.
And a lot of us remember how around 2005, our fans laughed at Perez and Galacticos, since they were buying only marketable superstars, while we had a team built around cheaper and less marketable players (Ronaldinho, Etoo, Xavi vs R9, Zidane, Figo, Beckham) and we were stealing all the trophies and all the show on a field.
There were talks back then how Ronaldinho is too ugly to be a Galactico etc.

Barca went from a club which relied only on onfield success and pride, into a team which sold it's logo to Quatar and similar, into a team which turned into new Galacticos (with Neymar and his wages), plus in general, my opinion is that football and average football fans became dumber (I am NOT talking about this forum, but about population and sport fans in general).
10-20 years ago, it was mostly about sport, player's skills and team's success.

Lately a sport is not anymore only about skills and trophies, but about who is predestined to be a superstar with a combo of: fotballing skills, good looks, shiny haircuts, media popularity, number of followers etc.
I guess that a lot of people can argue that a pure skills and onfield success is not a factor No1 in modern sport anymore.

To some extent, I am starting to miss the good old days when football was only about your skills and either you a God on a field or not, and off field things didn't matter:
CkSFFATUYAAYry9.jpg

BjR4iV9CMAAANvl.png

And in the last decade, football turned into a hollywood-ish show with:
ronaldo-2.jpeg

cad07858366f66286858dd961d3442bb.jpg

Paul-Pogba-dab-haircut.jpg

Since a youngest generation of fans is buying this thing, in the future football will probably turn even more into this direction.

NotInHere

This part is true and it should be added into a context when we love and hate Neymar.

Seeing how much we are paying for him (transfer fee, all penalties and problems afterwards and currently insane wages plus huge bonuses), it is clear lately that Neymar is not "only" a footballer (like Rakitic, Roberto, Alba for example) but a huge marketing business today.

I am not saying that he is not playing well or that he has zero impact.
But sport turned into a huge (strange) business and into a huge show, not necessarily related only to sport results and trophies.

The irony, to some extent is, that we (Barca) always claimed that we are more than a club, that we are not only a business.
And a lot of us remember how around 2005, our fans laughed at Perez and Galacticos, since they were buying only marketable superstars, while we had a team built around cheaper and less marketable players (Ronaldinho, Etoo, Xavi vs R9, Zidane, Figo, Beckham) and we were stealing all the trophies and all the show on a field.
There were talks back then how Ronaldinho is too ugly to be a Galactico etc.

Barca went from a club which relied only on onfield success and pride, into a team which sold it's logo to Quatar and similar, into a team which turned into new Galacticos (with Neymar and his wages), plus in general, my opinion is that football and average football fans became dumber (I am NOT talking about this forum, but about population and sport fans in general).
10-20 years ago, it was mostly about sport, player's skills and team's success.

Lately a sport is not anymore only about skills and trophies, but about who is predestined to be a superstar with a combo of: fotballing skills, good looks, shiny haircuts, media popularity, number of followers etc.
I guess that a lot of people can argue that a pure skills and onfield success is not a factor No1 in modern sport anymore.

To some extent, I am starting to miss the good old days when football was only about your skills and either you a God on a field or not, and off field things didn't matter:
CkSFFATUYAAYry9.jpg

BjR4iV9CMAAANvl.png

And in the last decade, football turned into a hollywood-ish show with:
ronaldo-2.jpeg

cad07858366f66286858dd961d3442bb.jpg

Paul-Pogba-dab-haircut.jpg

Since a youngest generation of fans is buying this thing, in the future football will probably turn even more into this direction.
couldnt't have said it better, social media ruined all sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans