Barca pre-season 2016/2017

PhilS

Just 3 more pre-season games to get ready for La Liga, lots of players need minutes to be ready. Play the silly Gamper, lose the pretend-cup to Sevilla. I've seen about enough of most the players who has played so far this pre-season, now Lucho has to focus on just the first 11 and the players who have some shot at getting significant playing time.

Hektor

Could be true.

Glad to see you back.

Bojan.

Hi Bojan;

Nice to talk to you again.

I still cannot believe that we let Dani go. Last year, the team was one thing without Dani and another with him. In the Valencia game, for example, we almost turned the game around after Dani was put on the pitch. For some reason, Lucho never liked Dani; he prefers Sergi Roberto as the right back. He is either delirious, crazy, or high on something powerful and good.

We now have a plethora of midfielders, one for every occasion and we still lack another CB. Mathieu is a disaster. Argentina has a young CB, who is great - Victor Cuesta. He is presently the captain of the Argentine Olympics team and I believe he was named the young Argentine player or just the Argentine player of the year, this past season. He came up through the ranks and plays for Independiente under the tutelage of Gabby Milito. What are we waiting for? Robert, are you asleep or sharing the same pipe with Luis Enrique?

Best regards,

Hektor

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I still cannot believe that we let Dani go. Last year, the team was one thing without Dani and another with him. In the Valencia game, for example, we almost turned the game around after Dani was put on the pitch. For some reason, Lucho never liked Dani; he prefers Sergi Roberto as the right back. He is either delirious, crazy, or high on something powerful and good.

We now have a plethora of midfielders, one for every occasion and we still lack another CB. Mathieu is a disaster. Argentina has a young CB, who is great - Victor Cuesta. He is presently the captain of the Argentine Olympics team and I believe he was named the young Argentine player or just the Argentine player of the year, this past season. He came up through the ranks and plays for Independiente under the tutelage of Gabby Milito. What are we waiting for? Robert, are you asleep or sharing the same pipe with Luis Enrique?

Best regards,

Hektor
Another CB? No need. Umtiti was signed, and there's also Marlon and Tarin in the B team. Mathieu won't play much this season.

xXKonan

Wait Lucho hated Alves? I must have missed the memo.

I seriously doubt Alves, had any sort of issue with Lucho and vice versa.

Messi983

It's Douglas' birthday :douglas:

:lol:

Omg..it's a preparation match..hats off to them, move on. Stop bashing, it's only pre season

Agree.

The team that crashed out of CL and very nearly pissed the league title away did not look like a fit team but one running on fumes. First 18 months of his tenure, I'd agree with that bolded part but since then I am not sure as we have not seen them regain the form that saw them win the treble

A tough start to the Primera schedule (again), means that fitness will be key not just now but in the 2nd half of the season where trophies are won

Lucho didn't have bench to rotate much last year. It should be different this season.

klc123

No, he is not. He is better. Alves at 32-33 is still the best RB in the world. He might be top 5 even at 35-36 if he decides to play until then.

Do you honestly believe this?
Dani wasn't and never will be as good as Cafu IMO. I don't what you see in him that makes you feel differently. Just off the top of my head I would say Lahm, Alaba, and Carvajal are better than Alves. I found him really frustrating for the last two seasons, where the only pass he would attempt would be a wall pass with Messi, or a looping cross into the box that no CF in the world would be able to score from.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
5th time they are showing embarrassment vs. Liverpool.

And then they say those games mean nothing. Sure, only half the world sees it.

Home of Barca Fans