Málaga

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Actually you are thinking of the English, in a global survey the English were proclaimed the second worst lovers in the world behind the Germans because they are "too lazy". Italians were rated the third best.

And Malaga is a shithole but unlike the English noveau rich clubs they seem to actually have a plan instead of just throwing money at the flashiest names they can find. Plus I can't dislike a team coached by Pellegrini unless it's Real Madrid.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Pellegrini says he rested players against Madrid so he could be ready for the match against Osasuna on the weekend.

Wasn't Jose bitching about Sporting Gijon not fielding their best eleven against us at Camp Nou?

A

Alzeheri94

Pellegrini says he rested players against Madrid so he could be ready for the match against Osasuna on the weekend.

Wasn't Jose bitching about Sporting Gijon not fielding their best eleven against us at Camp Nou?

Dont take everything Mourinho says seriously. He's is the biggest and funniest joke ever!

nebeer

Love is All
Well Malaga look to have a very good team on board, and their new owner is clearly making an effort to build a challenging squad. Ruud and Baptista up front. More players coming in. They are strengthening at the back as well. Good for the league.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Thing with Malaga is that I have a feeling they will utterly fail badly next season. Why?

Because of a number of reasons:-

1) I think they are too individualistic and there does not seems any strategic plan from management level to build the club over the next 10 years. To me and from what I can perceive of the situation it looks like a fast quick and cut plan to try and put the club on the map quicker than should normally be the case. So far it looks like the foundation stones is being built on quicksand rather than hard brick.

2) Pressure/expectancy. There is now an expectancy for Malaga to push for a top 4th place. Anything below this will be perceived as a failure. I am not so sure that this should be the aim anyway. When you are relying on someone like Juilo Baptista then he doesn't inspire me with confidence that he can withstand the pressure.

3) Buying players that are past their best is not good strategy. RVN was a marvellous striker but can he cut it in la liga NOW? I am not so sure tbh. There is also a lack of leadership within the management team and playing staff.

If they don't start well I think they could definitely struggle next season. Struggle I don't mean lower la liga but anywhere from 8th - 16th.

I think Real, Barca, Valencia, Villarreal, Atletico, Athletic Bilbao and Sevilla will all finish above Malaga next season.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's just the start Ed...I don't know enough about the project but I doubt very much Pellegrini is building a quick fix...Have to be more competitive than they have been and that starts with some veteran reinforcements - which they are doing...Working on the youth system & getting young players, that will come as well I imagine

But seeing how Malaga looked late in the season bodes well going forward

jamrock

i don't think they're many who expect than to finish in the top four this season, 6-8 i where i expect them and will pel's in charge their is nothing like quick sand, he is building a solid team with some experience that can do a job in the league, once they are more established they will begin to buy younger players, but for now they are just building

Home of Barca Fans