Chants and Stadium Atmosphere Videos

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
I ran into great video - Galatasaray "War Chant". I thought others might know of similar videos, so here's a thread for that. If there's already a thread for this stuff, please delete/merge/whatever...

That is just... scary :) But it doesn't sound very Turkish, does it? :D

This is who they 'stole' it from:

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
If you wanna see Turkish look for Besiktas fans 'Carsi' ;)

Heh :) I don't care if it's Turkish, Japanese, Zulu... as long as it's good. That Galatasaray chant's just so full of energy... And then, to find out it originated in Florida and is called 'Seminole War Chant' was really interesting. On top of that, to see how it's performed on American football stadium, with entire orchestra and everything and than compare to how 'soccer' fans do it... I was really entertained :D

And I started the thread to see if others have something to show, not just give me a text to google :D Embed a video! :D

W

woobie

Okay, here's a rather unique one from Milan. It's a clip from one of Milan's most famous European games (the 5-0 drubbing of Madrid at the San Siro) in 1989. But I remember the game more for this moment than any of the goals. The game took place only a few days after Hillsborough. The Milan curva (who, trust me, are no saints) really did something special. They printed off the text to 'You'll Never Walk Alone' and learned it phonetically (most didn't speak any English). They were prepared at the beginning of the game but the referee apparently forgot the moment of silence until play had already started. Even now, watching this brings tears to my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZrVfMRyoE0

(posting link because I"m too clueless to figure out embedding. sorry!)

Last edited:

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Thanks :) Just click the movie icon at the top of the box you're typing in and paste the link...

Okay, here's a rather unique one from Milan. It's a clip from one of Milan's most famous European games (the 5-0 drubbing of Madrid at the San Siro) in 1989. But I remember the game more for this moment than any of the goals. The game took place only a few days after Hillsborough. The Milan curva (who, trust me, are no saints) really did something special. They printed off the text to 'You'll Never Walk Alone' and learned it phonetically (most didn't speak any English). They were prepared at the beginning of the game but the referee apparently forgot the moment of silence until play had already started. Even now, watching this brings tears to my eyes.

I didn't have time to watch this until now... wow... kudos to Milan fans, great gesture.

XaviMessiGirl

woobie I love that video, it made me respect Milan quite a bit after I heard about that. One of the few things that brings tears to my eyes every time.

Personally I always like to show this one, maybe some of you remember it or have seen it since. The quality isn't great so I apologize but it's the best I could find in terms of length. Liverpool had played against Barca at Anfield in the CL. Barca had won the match but was eliminated on aggregate. The Liverpool fans started singing YNWA as usual after the match but the Barca fans didn't leave, instead they joined in and later added some of their own chants. The exchange between fans was very respectful, some exchanged scarves, they cheered on the opposition, you can see a Liverpool fan towards the end with a sign that says "Catalonia is not Spain", it was just great to watch. It really shows that opposing fans don't always have to be complete assholes to each other and this is part of why I'm proud to be a fan of both Liverpool and Barca.

Merv

Heh :) I don't care if it's Turkish, Japanese, Zulu... as long as it's good. That Galatasaray chant's just so full of energy... And then, to find out it originated in Florida and is called 'Seminole War Chant' was really interesting. On top of that, to see how it's performed on American football stadium, with entire orchestra and everything and than compare to how 'soccer' fans do it... I was really entertained :D

And I started the thread to see if others have something to show, not just give me a text to google :D Embed a video! :D

As a Floridian I found it very interesting too. lol Who would have thought an FSU chant would make it that far? Pretty cool. Especially since I am part Seminole as well. :)

How very touching. Much respect after watching that.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
As a Floridian I found it very interesting too. lol Who would have thought an FSU chant would make it that far? Pretty cool. Especially since I am part Seminole as well. :)
Wow, that must be more than just interesting to you :) Awesome chant. Seminole FTW :D

Warik

Sos Cagon has to be one of the best ones.

Hell, just River fans on the whole are fantastic:

Last edited:

Lemmi

The Reckoner
woobie I love that video, it made me respect Milan quite a bit after I heard about that. One of the few things that brings tears to my eyes every time.

Personally I always like to show this one, maybe some of you remember it or have seen it since. The quality isn't great so I apologize but it's the best I could find in terms of length. Liverpool had played against Barca at Anfield in the CL. Barca had won the match but was eliminated on aggregate. The Liverpool fans started singing YNWA as usual after the match but the Barca fans didn't leave, instead they joined in and later added some of their own chants. The exchange between fans was very respectful, some exchanged scarves, they cheered on the opposition, you can see a Liverpool fan towards the end with a sign that says "Catalonia is not Spain", it was just great to watch. It really shows that opposing fans don't always have to be complete assholes to each other and this is part of why I'm proud to be a fan of both Liverpool and Barca.

we were eliminated on away goals ;)

Sos Cagon has to be one of the best ones.

Hell, just River fans on the whole are fantastic

Great chants, but my brother say that River's atmosphere is nowhere near as good as some of the other teams in Argentina.. He said that the Racing fans at the Avellanda Derby yesterday were a different gravy.

Home of Barca Fans