Barca players nicknames

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, this is a thread for players nicknames. I know we all have our own nicknames for Barca players but please stick to relevant ones.

Xavi - Humphrey Bogart

I heard that more times while watching Barca. South American commentators in particular like to call him Humprey Bogart. The resemblance is there, sort of.

Puyol - Tarzan - for obvious reasons

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Using our own nicknames would be much funner, this is boring!

Iniesta = Casper!

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Here in South America they call Iniesta either "The Ghost" or "The Brain", Eto'o "The Untameable Lion", Valdés "Jungle Boy", Márquez "The Kaisser from Michoacán", Xavi "The Engine", Messi "The Flea", Henry "The Mime"... I think our own nicknames would be funnier, hahaha...

mmandela

Sueco estrella
The most obvious one - Messi - Messiah

haha Ray Hudson gives all sorts of funny nicknames to players when he is a commentator.

maz

I walk the line
I know that they used to call giuly Freddie Mercury. In fact the players made a bet with giuly that if we won the CL he would grow a moustache..but he clearly isnt a man of his word.

nebeer

Love is All
Guys please post in here, I wanna read more nicknames. Even if you have to give players nicknames.

A.Iniesta

Well, Actually I have titles for some players that i like to call them with like..
Eto'o = Lion
Puyol = Lion heart
Ronaldinho = Magician,,,and so on :p

nebeer

Love is All
Well, Actually I have titles for some players that i like to call them with like..
Eto'o = Lion
Puyol = Lion heart
Ronaldinho = Magician,,,and so on :p

I like all three. Specially, you are spot on to see Puyol's lion heart. He is an amazing leader. And Eto'o and Ronaldinho's titles also go with them.

Evil

Shabazz
Messi - 'El Nino' .. This is what Eto'o calls him it means 'the kid' or something like that, as he was young when he came in through the ranks. I heard Torres is also called El Nino in Spain.

Oh, and Marquez should be - El Mariachi !! (look up the images on google)

Jaumet

All round Nice Guy
Jorquera - The Gardiner (He likes to replace divits and wander around the penalty box when he plays... not that he ever plays poor bugger)

Gudjohnsen - ICE MAN (Cause he is from Iceland and he is super cool with his celebrations etc..)

Home of Barca Fans