The La Liga Geriatric 11

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Tamudo was cast aside by Espanyol for a large chunk of this season due to behind the scenes bollocks, whereas Henry has played plenty of matches nd been awful for most of them, as has Raul who despite scoring a couple of goals generally ruined Real's build up and attacking play. I'm sure there must be someone more regular to pick ahead of Baraja but still a very good list Nolan :beer2: Pires has been very good in period this season, especially at the start of Villareal's revival. On that basis he certainly should not be on the list IMO.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
ingwvl.jpg

Well, have you ever ... !

wtf?!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I do not get Gnegneri's picture.

It was evident as daylight that the only thing that inspired Henry was his desperate will to win the Champions League. He was going to go downhill to his real level of footballing ability once he has done that. While his hand ball helped France advance to the World Cup, he did jack shit and in fact played worse than ever in his International career, and his Barcelona career has really never been this poor. Even in his first year.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Well the list is all relative to their former form. In that context, Senna and Palop do seem like they have dropped quite a bit.
Exactly. I tried to avoid middle of the road players, mostly those who are shells of their former selves.

Tamudo was cast aside by Espanyol for a large chunk of this season due to behind the scenes bollocks, whereas Henry has played plenty of matches nd been awful for most of them, as has Raul who despite scoring a couple of goals generally ruined Real's build up and attacking play. I'm sure there must be someone more regular to pick ahead of Baraja but still a very good list Nolan :beer2: Pires has been very good in period this season, especially at the start of Villareal's revival. On that basis he certainly should not be on the list IMO.
Yeah, I know. I said he played some good games for Villarreal this season.

But if you take the quotes of Raed en Furia, I would certainly put Pires for Guti. Guti, the games he played, and especially was allowed to play up to Alcorcon, were to be honest very nice. He even scored one of my favourite Champions League goals of this season.

Pires now has the body of Raul but he stil has (sometimes) his footballing abilities.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Palop isn't only part of the geriatric category (welln he isn't really cause he was saving one after the other) but he is also going plain mad.

Being hurt by someone handing you the ball. Even Dani Alves wouldn't dare to pull that one off.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Palop isn't only part of the geriatric category (welln he isn't really cause he was saving one after the other) but he is also going plain mad.

Being hurt by someone handing you the ball. Even Dani Alves wouldn't dare to pull that one off.
Just as a reminder, both men are 30+.

o9mj3c.gif

(I like it how Henry pushes the ball against Palop's chin, Thierry runs away and Palop catches the ball! Tricked!)

Home of Barca Fans