Would you bring Thiago back home if possible?

Bring back Thiago?

• Yes, I'd go as far as €120m

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trickykid

More and more intangible rumors popping up lately - would you want him back, if Bayern are willing to negotiate?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
More 50-60m than 75m, but yes. It would allow Barca a smooth transition from Rakitic from 2019/2020 or 2020/2021 at the latest while also not be in the way of Alena and Arthur who can play in different positions and are both 6 years younger than both Thiago and Coutinho.

Last edited:

Devils

He wouldn't cost 100m imo because 1) If Bayern want to sell him then cost will go down and 2) His injury history has to be taken into consideration.

Obviously I would take him back for if his price was in the 50-70m range. The only question is if the club can finance Griezmann, Lenglet, Arthur and Thiago in one window.

If we are to buy him, it's likely we would need to finance the operation through sales. But realistically how much are we going to accumulate for Paco, Gomes, Vidal? Maybe 50m if we are lucky?

Although rumors of the Jasper, Digne and Marlon sales would definitely make it plausible.

Andrew M

I'd definitely bring him back for the right price. If the fee is in a few instalments I think he can be budgeted for. Bartomeu always says the transfer budget can be adjusted for the right player.

El Barcelona

This is a tough one. I like him as a player but you can't hide his injury history, especially this year. He was 125 day's injured and missed 19 games (transfermarkt.com).

Neeraj

He's class. But I think you should never bring someone who's known to be injury prone. Whatever you think you're going to get from him, he's always going to be injured during key phases and put you in difficult spots at times in the season. Certain players, with Verm being the worst of them - they don't ever get better with injuries; their bodies are just not fit for the kind of abuse a footballer has to go through.

So short answer - No. Only because I'd rather take a slightly lesser player who I can depend on than someone who's going to be injured for ~50% of the season.

Trickykid

He's easily a 100m player in my book, but his injuries and the fact that he left us back then makes me somewhat iffy about trying to resign him. If Bayern are willing to negotiate, though, I don't think this is a deal that we can afford to let slip. It'll probably end up another summer transfer saga...

Joan

I don't like Thiago's persona, but he's probably the only WC (or close to it) midfielder we could bring, so I'm for bringing him for the right price.

serghei

I would do it for 50m max. and only if he wants it so bad as to force it.

I don't like Thiago's persona, but he's probably the only WC (or close to it) midfielder we could bring, so I'm for bringing him for the right price.

Not exactly world class for me.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I always felt like he was groomed to be Xavi's replacement and hated how Cesc would get minutes over him. Think he would link up perfectly with Busquets. Maximum price would be 80M but it sounds like Bayern is willing to take much less.

Home of Barca Fans