Thiago Alcantara

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's obviously been WC with Bayern.

Even a starter for Spain lately which Roberto won't be. Not even guaranteed he'll be at the WC.

Thiago10

Roberto' patience paid off, Thiago went for the short term decision

I respect Sergi's decision, but can definitely understand Thiago as well. He was way too talented to sit on the bench behind Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets + he got the opportunity to work with Pep again, as a key player in his Bayern.

DonAK

Yea? Last time I checked Spain's midfield is Iniesta, Silva, Koke, Busquets, Isco.

Thiago is not better than any of those 5 midfielders.

Spain play with Silva on the RW.

He's better than Koke and on par with Isco.

Koke has been a joke since last year.

serghei

Spain play with Silva on the RW.

He's better than Koke and on par with Isco.

Koke has been a joke since last year.

He brings a lot more defensively than Thiago. And with Iniesta, Silva, Isco doing the playmaking, he doesn't have a place in the first 11. We'll see at the World Cup, but imo he won't make the first 11 in the big games.

Thiago10

Thiago is undeniably world class, let's be real guys..
He is definitely better than Koke and Iniesta (I'm talking about today's Iniesta). Not being better Silva, Busquets and Isco isn't a shame and doesn't mean he isn't world class.

DonAK

I mean some of you can stay salty as claim he's not been performing at a great or WC level since the last couple of seasons and that he hasn't become Spain's go to nidfielder along with Isco, but that doesn't change that fact.

As for Roberto then had he not managed to transition into a RB he wouldn't have been at Barça. He almost left before Lucho convinced him to give it a go there.

Thiago would still walk into the current midfield over Rakitic.

He brings a lot more defensively than Thiago. And with Iniesta, Silva, Isco doing the playmaking, he doesn't have a place in the first 11. We'll see at the World Cup, but imo he won't make the first 11 in the big games.

One of Thiago's major improvements is his defensive work which is better than every Spain midfielder bar Koke. Obv not counting Busquets.

Problem with Koke is that he's not recovered since the second CL final loss and Thiago has long surpassed him in the pecking order with Lopetegui.

BBZ8800

@everyone who doesn't want him here, is it because of the injuries? In that case, I can understand, but surely we can all agree that when fit he is one of the best midfielders in the world? + His playing style fits ours like a glove

Good player.

But:
Injury prone.
And left our club.

He can fuck off now.
We don't need those kind of players here.

I would take any midfielder with 80-90% of his skills, who loves our club more than him and who is not injury prone.

Last edited:

serghei

I mean some of you can stay salty as claim he's not been performing at a great or WC level since the last couple of seasons and that he hasn't become Spain's go to nidfielder along with Isco, but that doesn't change that fact.

As for Roberto then had he not managed to transition into a RB he wouldn't have been at Barça. He almost left before Lucho convinced him to give it a go there.

Thiago would still walk into the current midfield over Rakitic.

One of Thiago's major improvements is his defensive work which is better than every Spain midfielder bar Koke. Obv not counting Busquets.

Problem with Koke is that he's not recovered since the second CL final loss and Thiago has long surpassed him in the pecking order with Lopetegui.

I saw Spain's game vs Italy, and Koke played in front of him while Thiago was on the bench. Koke brings more tactically and on the defensive end, as well as brings more strenght in midfield, and power. Thiago doesn't have a place in the team. He's injured too much, and can't keep a very high level for a season.

He's not world class. Never was. Was subpar vs all of Barca and Atletico in the 2 semis they lost with Pep. On Camp Nou he played like shit, on Calderon he was at fault for allowing Saul to go past him with ease and go on a dangerous run. As a result, Guardiola left him on the bench in the return leg. These are the sort of games that define world class players. He's a quality player that due to many reasons never got do really materialize his talent.

Last edited:

DonAK

I would not sign him due to his price which Bayern would put on him and due to the injuries yeah.

As for him leaving then Xavi admitted he wanted to leave qnd almost left before his mom forced him to stay by making a promise to her lol

Don't see that as a huge deal.

Even the biggest culer would leave if he thought it was the best option for him. People here take it as some form of betrayal for some reason.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans