Abidal to leave Barca

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Eric Abidal will be leaving FC Barcelona after six trophy-laden seasons and having fought back from a liver tumour and a liver transplant to play again.

Abidal, who will turn 34 in July, said on Thursday that he would have liked to continue playing for the Catalans. He made his playing return from his liver transplant in April.

2013-05-30_DESPEDIDA_ABIDAL_09.v1369923059.JPG

"Football for me is a passion since I was a child. I don't see myself quitting now. I have made all this effort to come back to play football. My health is better now. When my body tells me to stop I will hang up the boots."

“I have played here for six years, and it’s been the biggest experience of my life. I had two aims – to fight to be able to see my two daughters grow up and to play again"

"I would have liked to keep on playing here, but the club sees it differently and I have to respect that."

"I am going but I am sure that I will be back. have a very interesting offer from the club that I will have to think about."

"The most important thing right now is my last game. Let's see if my coach plays me and I can have some minutes."

Vilanova-Abidal-Barcelona.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Abidal is not leaving through the back door like some of our legends in the past but it still doesn't feel right.

Keikoku

Cabbage
Thank you Abi!! I wish him all the best. His desire to keep play is amazing, I can't imagine many of people will still want to play football after all what he passed through. Glad that he said he will be back. :D

Galning

Thank you Abi! You are an example to all of us. Hope to see you back soon.

You are a Barcelona legend.

ceefoo

Showed courage on and off the field, and will be sorely missed.

Hope to see him back at our club one day, in some other capacity.

A great example to us all. A gentleman, and true hero.:cry:

:worthy::abidal::thankyou:

Pepe Silvia

Abidal is not leaving through the back door like some of our legends in the past but it still doesn't feel right.
Kind of feels like he is. He made a remarkable comeback and even started showing strength on the pitch again (something we severely lack at the moment). What does the club do? Sorry Eric, we have to let you go. Uhhhh....

JamDav1982

Kind of feels like he is. He made a remarkable comeback and even started showing strength on the pitch again (something we severely lack at the moment). What does the club do? Sorry Eric, we have to let you go. Uhhhh....

He did not manage to finish his last game and came off at half time did he not?

They clearly think he has not future at the top level anymore.

Home of Barca Fans