Barca pre-season 2016/2017

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Do you honestly believe this?
Dani wasn't and never will be as good as Cafu IMO. I don't what you see in him that makes you feel differently. Just off the top of my head I would say Lahm, Alaba, and Carvajal are better than Alves. I found him really frustrating for the last two seasons, where the only pass he would attempt would be a wall pass with Messi, or a looping cross into the box that no CF in the world would be able to score from.

Cringeworthy stuff on Alves, it's like you just started watching football

On another note, pre-season. Did anyone discuss which B teamer impressed fans the most in our limited pre-season? Admittingly, got the idea from totalbarca but a great question nevertheless. Preseason used to be my favorite time of the year, getting to see potential youth talent and imagine how they'd integrate/develop into the first team - now, we see less of that tbh

Marlon Santos would likely be many people's choice but let's set him aside for this question since he's not truly a B team player or just barely

It'd be between Samper & Aleña for me, while Carles has left me excited for more I go with Samper

klc123

Cringeworthy stuff on Alves, it's like you just started watching football

Ok. Did you have a point? If he was that good then why have we let him go when we need defenders?

Anyone who thinks Alves is the best RB in the world is either a fanboy or has no idea about football.

F

Flavia

Barça didn't let him go. He left because of a clause on his contract. And he is still one of the best rb there is. Clueless to say otherwise.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Ok. Did you have a point? If he was that good then why have we let him go when we need defenders?

Anyone who thinks Alves is the best RB in the world is either a fanboy or has no idea about football.

Not surprisingly, you missed the point again

klc123

Barça didn't let him go. He left because of a clause on his contract. And he is still one of the best rb there is. Clueless to say otherwise.

If he was such an important player, then why would we give him a clause in his contract last year that allowed him to walk away on a free transfer? Even the sky sports commentators were remarking about how over the last few years many teams were happy to let Alves keep the ball, because his crossing was so ineffectual. I didn't realise you guys were also professional football pundits/ex players though.

Not surprisingly, you missed the point again

That's a no then.

F

Flavia

If he was such an important player, then why would we give him a clause in his contract last year that allowed him to walk away on a free transfer? Even the sky sports commentators were remarking about how over the last few years many teams were happy to let Alves keep the ball, because his crossing was so ineffectual. I didn't realise you guys were also professional football pundits/ex players though.

Oh yeah, pundits know it all. Especially the ones from skysports... Right. The answer to your question is simple: Alves stayed for one more season because of the transfer ban. His contract was over last summer. He renewed with the option to leave in this summer, because that's what he wanted to do. If not, he would had left back then, without giving Bob any time to learn how to play rb, and Barça would be without even a backup.

Home of Barca Fans