Should Chelsea be considered a TOP team?

Should Chelsea be considered a TOP team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Sorry guys, StarLord doesn't speak 'logic', no point in arguing. To him, Barca is the best, even when they are not, and of course they are also the best when they are. End of discussion ;)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Top team or top club? Yes there is a difference?

Top team:-

Tier 1:- Barca, Real, Bayern

Tier 2:- Chelsea, PSG, Juventus, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla

Tier 4:- Both Manc clubs, Dortmund, Arsenal, Porto, Roma

Tier 5:- Lazio, Valencia, Lyon, PSV, Wolfsburg, Borussia Moenchadgladbach, Zenit

Tier 6:- Tottenham, Fiorentina, Athletic Bilbao, Napoli, Monaco, Ajax, Liverpool, Inter

I have not missed out on Tier 3 - I have done that on purpose to show the huge gap currently between tier 2 and tier 4 of those clubs.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Proof of a top team BTW is in the league and constant runs 1/4's and beyond in the CL over say 2 to 3 years. Which includes chelsea as they've won the league and reached the semis of the CL in 2014 and winners in 2012. This being Juventus's first real run in the CL precludes them being in tier 1. But a similar run in next season's CL and they'll be in the tier 1 category.

For me Juve will almost certainly be in tier 1 sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

serghei

Sorry guys, StarLord doesn't speak 'logic', no point in arguing. To him, Barca is the best, even when they are not, and of course they are also the best when they are. End of discussion ;)

If Barca wins the CL, then Barca is the best team in the world as of now. What will happen next year is not sure. That's how it works. Barca's fans had to suck it up in 2013, and see Bayern become the best in the world. Now it's Bayern's (and their fans) turn to experience that. Don't find a way around it by claiming some sort of moral ground, when it's clearly not the case.

If Bayer was the best team in 2013, then we are the best team now. If you dispute Barca being the best team now, then you should also dispute Bayern being the best team in the world in 2013. The same principle applies in both cases.

serghei

Proof of a top team BTW is in the league and constant runs 1/4's and beyond in the CL over say 2 to 3 years. Which includes chelsea as they've won the league and reached the semis of the CL in 2014 and winners in 2012. This being Juventus's first real run in the CL precludes them being in tier 1. But a similar run in next season's CL and they'll be in the tier 1 category.

For me Juve will almost certainly be in tier 1 sooner rather than later.

I agree. The domestic league is very important when you talk about domination. If you can't win a 38-game competition you can't call yourself the best team in the world based on CL alone (that's like 5 games mostly).

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Chelsea ofc is a big team, they have a great squad that challenges the bpl title and with a couple of world class signings would challenge the CL too.
But they are not a big club, their history is that of an average english club, nothing more, nothing else, before the russian money they had what, 1 bpl championship? And they were never a driving force in european competitions, not in CL certainly.
So, they are a small club with small history but currently they have a big, quality team.

Hassan Ashas

Hazard better than Neymar and Fabregas better than Iniesta :lol:
Terry is a much better defender than Boateng and probably Pique.

And to answer your question, that's quite obvious. Yes.

No, Hazard is equal to Neymar, you just can't compare both of them at the moment.
Yes, Fabregas is better than Iniesta and I did say the same thing.

Terry better than Pique and Boetang? I totally disagree with you considering the goals conceded by Barca and Bayern this season. Terry may be a world class defender but he's not better than both of these defenders who are currently playing at their peak. Terry is 34.

Morten

In a deep defence, Terry is as good as anyone imo. But put him in Bayern/Barca/Real? I think he would be exposed. Who can blame him, he was never very pacy and now he is 34.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Bayern wasn't the best team in 2012, out of all the semifinalists I thought they were the 3rd best team. They got spanked by dortmund in the bundesliga and DFB-Pokal. Chelsea winning the final is also testament to that as well. In 2010 they were good but they were not better than us, Inter Milan was lucky to beat us thanks to some very dodgy refereeing and a very lazy Ibrahimovic. 2013 however is different story.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Bayern wasn't the best team in 2012, out of all the semifinalists I thought they were the 3rd best team. They got spanked by dortmund in the bundesliga and DFB-Pokal. Chelsea winning the final is also testament to that as well.

Not sure if serious...

Chelsea were completely outplayed and held on for dear live 115 minutes out of 120.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I think he meant you were only better than Chelsea. And that RM and Barca were the better sides that year.

Yeah, Real were better than us, because they barely made it to the penalty shootout against Bayern, were dominated for 165 out of 210 minutes. Sounds completely logical to me.

StarLord

Lol
Bayern:2 semi finals(trashed but semi finals still),one final and one cup+4 Bundesliga titles iirc
Barca:2 semi finals(in the second one we got our ass kicked really hard),one final/cup+2 LaLiga titles

Bundesliga can't hold a candle to La Liga. And it's 3 that they have won, not 4.

CL, we are about the same if we win in Berlin. Only we have beaten better teams through the years.

Home of Barca Fans