Thiago Alcantara

Sorin

Does anyone else think that if we can't bring back Thiago, for whatever reason, we can do worse than buying Trigueros? Don't know how willing to sell would Villarreal be after already selling Rodri to Atletico though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Does anyone else think that if we can't bring back Thiago, for whatever reason, we can do worse than buying Trigueros? Don't know how willing to sell would Villarreal be after already selling Rodri to Atletico though.

Trigueros is a good player, but he's not a starter for Barca. He should have been signed for Gomes though, but hindsight this and all that.

Sorin

Trigueros is a good player, but he's not a starter for Barca. He should have been signed for Gomes though, but hindsight this and all that.

Didn't say that he should be a starter. However, there aren't many available CM that are starter material for us on the market. I'd rather we go into the next season with the option of having Trigueros on the bench, to still relying on Rakitic and the fodders for every match. Again, Thiago or other established top class CM(who?) would be my preferred solution too but what if it doesn't happen or we don't have any money(read >60m) left after buying Griezmann and whatever back-up CB? Or maybe we go for De Jong this summer as an understudy and be done with it? He's still too green imo.

GOAT_SUAREZ

skybet: they still don't think it's too likely he goes to Real but I thought it was a bit interesting how much they've cut the odds

1-2 days ago; he was 4/5 on to join Barca and something like 25/1 for Real

now: 1/1 for Barca and 5/1 for Madrid

maybe they are family members of Thiago otherwise they can't know.

MTL_Barca

Idk if there is a translation somewhere already but Rummenigge was asked about the Thiago rumors.

He basically said no club contacted them, Thiago didn't talk to them, it's just rumors, they plan with him for the next season. But then he also added that they have too many midfielders (9 for 3-4 spots).

You can probably read that how you want, it's not a 100% statement like they did several times with Lewandowski.

On a side note, he also said Boateng is considering to leave and he can go if he wants but it will be expensive.

George_Costanza

You people act like Thiago is the greatest thing in the world. He isn't. Would be a nice buy but certainly not a must.

Why do you even post?!
fsaeQIC.gif

God Serena

You people act like Thiago is the greatest thing in the world. He isn't. Would be a nice buy but certainly not a must.

We'd go from a starting midfield of Paulinho/Gomes and Rakitic to Coutinho/Thiago and Rakitic for the CL in the span of a single summer.

Not the greatest thing in the world? I beg to differ...

Home of Barca Fans