11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

henias

Yes, ups and down. There were times we looked better and times we looked worse but still consistent enough to win most of the games and seal the league. What's the problem?

I talk about being great for 10 minutes and then switching off. That inconsistency.

In the end, he had a great game yesterday. A goal, a few good passes, hit the crossbar... but that doesn't tell you enough.

Want him to work harder and try to stay focused on the game. Nothing more.

If that's the case, you were almost talking about Suarez who registered a goal than goes missing for 90 mins. What's worse, you tell me?

I already told you were scraping through games with indivudual brilliances and very minimal flashes, like how you described Dembele. Winning the league is winning it, but like u said, it doesnt tell you enough. Still massive problems with the team that's gonna get exposed sooner or later.

Dembele has been hustlin ever since he came to Barca, coach just seemed clueless on how to utilise and develop him and has suffered under inconsistent minutes. Will improve but obviously dont expect him to transform into a beast under a coach who cant manage players well. Definitely isn't lazy one bit so no need to worry about that.

JamDav1982

Valverde can develop him and did last season as he looked better and more of his role as season progressed.

If Dembele fails to live up to expectations it will be all put on EV if he thrives it will be all down to Dembeles natural progression.

Those are the rules that will be applied now some have decided EV is a clueless.

Joan

If that's the case, you were almost talking about Suarez who registered a goal than goes missing for 90 mins. What's worse, you tell me?

I already told you were scraping through games with indivudual brilliances and very minimal flashes, like how you described Dembele. Winning the league is winning it, but like u said, it doesnt tell you enough. Still massive problems with the team that's gonna get exposed sooner or later.

Dembele has been hustlin ever since he came to Barca, coach just seemed clueless on how to utilise and develop him and has suffered under inconsistent minutes. Will improve but obviously dont expect him to transform into a beast under a coach who cant manage players well. Definitely isn't lazy one bit so no need to worry about that.

Yes, Suarez has his downs. He's not aging well. I've been talking about alternatives for a while. But in the end, do I call him useless as some do? Of course not. He scored 25 goals and registered 12 assists this season in the league.

Suarez will soon be past. Dembele, we hope, is the future.

All I can say is I hope you are right about him.

But I don't understand what your point truly is. Is Dembele still raw? Yes. Does he switch off during games? Yes. So what if I point that out?

Doesn't make me a hater or something. But to be frank, I was quite frustrated last night during the first half. Want to see him in Russia.

Joan

Valverde can develop him and did last season as he looked better and more of his role as season progressed.

If Dembele fails to live up to expectations it will be all put on EV if he thrives it will be all down to Dembeles natural progression.

Those are the rules that will be applied now some have decided EV is a clueless.

If he fails it'll be due to Valverde, if he succeeds it'll be in spite of Valverde.

jamrock

Valverde ain't done one shit to help develop dembele not one, as laporta said he as done okay so far in spite of valverde & his shit on a stick football & man management.

George_Costanza

1- Valverde
2- Can develop

choose one

Kul_z

That doesnt make sense.

Exactly. I dont understand the hype, or whatever. I cant think of whatever reason in this case ev(that doesnt mean that im a fan of ev, hell no) should play dembouz if he is not the player that he thinks would upgrade his tactics. Ffs 115 mils to sit on the bench? I think ev have his own path and maybe we should wait for the next season to see how he would integrate him. Its pointless to discuss about that really right now

henias

Yes, Suarez has his downs. He's not aging well. I've been talking about alternatives for a while. But in the end, do I call him useless as some do? Of course not. He scored 25 goals and registered 12 assists this season in the league.

Suarez will soon be past. Dembele, we hope, is the future.

All I can say is I hope you are right about him.

But I don't understand what your point truly is. Is Dembele still raw? Yes. Does he switch off during games? Yes. So what if I point that out?

Doesn't make me a hater or something. But to be frank, I was quite frustrated last night during the first half. Want to see him in Russia.

Well, no shit he's raw and thanks for pointing out the obvious. My point is you gotta be more patient with him, hell even Neymar needs consistent time to adapt and build on chemistry under Enrique. I can be frustrated at times as well and you gotta be reasonable

But he's gonna stay raw if you are just gonna be forever stuck in that mindset that's he's young and raw. Need to show him more confidence and guidance which unfortunately I don't see that with him under Valverde.

Like I said, much better gauge if u judge him next season when he isnt plagued with injuries and hopefully see more consistent minutes.

henias

If he fails it'll be due to Valverde, if he succeeds it'll be in spite of Valverde.

Quite the opposite honestly, If he fails it's Dembele fault and EV was right to shove him aside if he succeeds, it's EV again that claim the credit when Dembele manage to win him games.

Coaches ultimately has a huge responsibility for young players and I just dont see much development. Nothing wrong with that. I'll see how EV manage next season, instead of people constantly claiming squad is too old, new players are too young, not good enough yada yada yada.

God Serena

so hes 21 now but it makes no difference to my comment. Nitpicking is unfair. Let the young man learn from his mistakes and grow. **I am not sure Valverde can develop him as much as someone like Pep or Pochetino would have done though...

Do not let BBZ troll you :lol:

Home of Barca Fans