Toni Kroos

Indignado

Kroos is extremely slow in FIFA 13, if you know what I mean. :troll:

It has nothing to do with this, even Bayern fans are complaining that he constantly slows down the attack, besides, he was barely used as a CM this season, more as an AM where speed is more important.

Meitux

It has nothing to do with this, even Bayern fans are complaining that he constantly slows down the attack, besides, he was barely used as a CM this season, more as an AM where speed is more important.
from your comments it seems you dont like him,its ok but lets not be sarcastic,he is a very good player and he had a very good season until his injury...if he wasnt injured robben would of see more of a bench...

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
The only reason Bayern wasn't just handed the trophy was because Kroos was injured. Dortmund actually stood a chance. With Kroos? Pfffffft....BVB got lucky.

Co0ter

How can you turn down The Toni Kroos? Are you all forgetting he's better than Xavi?

Not sure if that's sarcasm- but there are a lot of midfielders better than Xavi at the moment. He's not the player he was 5 years ago- he's 34 and while still positions himself and moves around the ball in typical Xavi fashion, his many weaknesses are adding up. He doesn't have the speed or pressing he once did- on top of his already lacking physicality and aggression.

Some people will go crazy after reading that statement, but it's the truth. There might not be another Xavi for a long time- but I wont ignore the fact that a player that can move the ball around well but has a lot of other positive attributes would be much better for our team at the moment.

Who that player is, I'm not sure. It is still up for discussion. We've been criticizing our defense for a while, and to an extent rightfully so. Our defense however has never been the strongest- they just had a lot less to do because we had hard-working forwards and midfielders pressing, and our midfielders also held possession a bit better. IMO, our weakening midfield is the reason why our defense is getting found out a bit.

To me, what I explained about Xavi is one of the reasons. It happens though, teams have success....players age, squads change. Who would have thought getting rid of Ronaldinho and Deco would have led to a treble? I'm not saying there needs to be radical change, but it's time to say goodbye to a few players.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Kroos has not been 'much' better than Xavi this season.

Xavi does not offer as much defensively as he used to but he is still bossing games with the ball in a way Kroos cant.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Kroos has played the Xavi role at Bayern and added a youthful vibrancy to it. He dictates the play the way Xavi does, but also mixes it up with more variety in his passing, energetic movement, and defensive workrate.

Xavi is still important, but he isn't notably "good" in a consistent manner anymore. At his best when he is rested, he still provides quality play and his usual vital output. Week in week out playing as much as he has this season, he doesn't boss the game anymore instead just doing what he does in a correct manner which is significant but not high in quality or lively. Busquets is the true boss of our midfield now (not in the same role), it's becoming more and more apparent in recent matches.

AfricanBavarian

And much, much better than that ball-hogging, vision-less kid called Isco too. :wave:

Tbf to Isco they play different roles, I would compare Isco to Gotze than Kroos

Kroos has played the Xavi role at Bayern and added a youthful vibrancy to it. He dictates the play the way Xavi does, but also mixes it up with more variety in his passing, energetic movement, and defensive workrate.

Xavi is still important, but he isn't notably "good" in a consistent manner anymore. At his best when he is rested, he still provides quality play and his usual vital output. Week in week out playing as much as he has this season, he doesn't boss the game anymore instead just doing what he does in a correct manner which is significant but not high in quality or lively. Busquets is the true boss of our midfield now (not in the same role), it's becoming more and more apparent in recent matches.

Kroos' improved defensive workrate is what has pushed him to the next level and that has always been my main concern with him until the past two seasons

Home of Barca Fans