Nelson Semedo

5ergio_Busquets

Walker had some poor Performances as well one of them I remember when he got himself sent off in the first half with 2 yellow cards in less than 3 minutes! If Semedo did that I don't know what people here would have said.

jamrock

Walker had some poor Performances as well one of them I remember when he got himself sent off in the first half with 2 yellow cards in less than 3 minutes! If Semedo did that I don't know what people here would have said.

Really that's the best you can do, he got himself send off.

JamDav1982

Every player in the world has had bad performances this season.

Walker has been far better than Semedo.

khaled_a_d

He went from new Alves to Montoya just in few months time!
While Roberto can have many bad Performances and the excuse always will be "it's not his position".

Hmmm, those who says Roberto isn't playing his position are his critic actually , it is more of "he is bad at RB because he isn't a RB"
Those who sees him as RB acknowledge his bad games, but many still has their predetermined opinion that he is a bad RB and Semedo is better which is far from the truth

serghei

Actually, all should agree with the simple fact that Roberto is better in the offense and is more integrated in the team's tactics, and that Semedo is physically sharper, and is stronger in individual duels especially on the defensive side, making it harder for the opposing team's wingers to isolate him in an individual duel and just beat him for speed or by trickery.

It sucks that we don't have a complete package of a rightback, super strong in all areas both in defense and going forward, but the times of prime Alves are gone and that much is obvious.

This tendency to shit on a good player just to make the other look better in comparison, or to prove who knows what 'prediction', isn't doing anybody any service.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

I hope the best for the kid, just like I do for Bobby. I'm not bigging up Semedo because I dislike Bobby. I love them both as Barca players. For the long game though, I do hope Semedo becomes that guy.

LeeRomeno

Deulofeu? Good start of the season? Tell me another joke.

Want another one? Sure here goes: "you know something about football"

I dont know if you have selective memory, just really awful memory, or you are just trying too hard after being wrong about pretty much everything there is to be wrong about this season, but just go back to Deulofeu thread and see that he was actually greeted pretty positively and many were convinced he could retain sub role after Dembele returned.
Or then just read his ratings or even check stats. He assisted in his first game vs Betis, was good against Alaves and Espanyol and Eibar. Has been shit ever since october.
Semedo started also fine, was great vs Juve and vs Eibar, also was fine vs Sporting. Has been bad ever since October.

LeeRomeno

No, you're deluded. But that's just Tuesday for LeeRomeno so I'm not surprised, even if this is on another level.

You're comparing a winger to a fullback and even then you're doing a terrible job. Deulofeu had like two good games but he didn't exactly "Start well". There wasn't much for his opposing defenders to learn, the problem with Deu is his one and only skill is sprinting to the touchline and putting in a cross. Nothing at all like Semedo. Semedo, on the other hand, never had a good start, at least offensively. The way you put it is as if Semedo started off red hot and and hit a wall the way you somehow seem to think happened to Deulofeu but in reality he has struggled going forward from the very beginning, as his 0 goals/assists seem to indicate.

Welcome to the mind of Romeno. Where Semedo's issues being confidence related are "bs" and he's been "Figured out" but Gomes is just a scapegoat. :lol:

OMG, indeed, in Barcelona, where most successful FBs pretty much have played like wingers, it is the most awful thing to do, to find comparison between both players playing good in early season and then playing bad since October, just because of their position. And Semedo had a good start, pretty much every argument for him on this forum goes "he had a good start but then Valverde benched him and his confidence has been ruined since".
Also, i asked a genuine question, if you do no have an answer, maybe you can keep your idiotic mouth shut? Also, what exactly does Gomes being a scapegoat have to do with anything?

God Serena

OMG, indeed, in Barcelona, where most successful FBs pretty much have played like wingers, it is the most awful thing to do, to find comparison between both players playing good in early season and then playing bad since October, just because of their position.

You're comparing apples to oranges and saying "Well they're in the same barrel, so they must be close enough." If you ignore literally every single factor behind the poor performances of Semedo and Deulofeu individually maybe you have a point, but you're really just deluded, as I've said before.

And Semedo had a good start, pretty much every argument for him on this forum goes "he had a good start but then Valverde benched him and his confidence has been ruined since".

Ah, so in THIS SPECIFIC INSTANCE, you actually believe in forum opinion, despite you openly mocking general forum opinion on numerous occasions and speaking down on us as if we're just a bunch of temperamental children. Gotta love it, but general forum opinion does not always line up with reality, and Semedo's stats and position on the team clearly say he did not have as great a start as people think.

Also, i asked a genuine question, if you do no have an answer, maybe you can keep your idiotic mouth shut?

Maybe I'd keep my "idiotic mouth shut" if you wouldn't open yours and ask such stupid fucking questions? And just so you know, I did answer your question. Their circumstances are almost 100% different. But keep living in the land of Romeno, where delusion rules...

Also, what exactly does Gomes being a scapegoat have to do with anything?

Just laughing at how incredibly deluded you are based on your post history. You're more of a master at that than BBZ is at creating glorious walls of text.

henias

Want another one? Sure here goes: "you know something about football"

I dont know if you have selective memory, just really awful memory, or you are just trying too hard after being wrong about pretty much everything there is to be wrong about this season, but just go back to Deulofeu thread and see that he was actually greeted pretty positively and many were convinced he could retain sub role after Dembele returned.
Or then just read his ratings or even check stats. He assisted in his first game vs Betis, was good against Alaves and Espanyol and Eibar. Has been shit ever since october.
Semedo started also fine, was great vs Juve and vs Eibar, also was fine vs Sporting. Has been bad ever since October.

Says the guy who defends Gomes despite him being disastrous the entire first season, praised him for "improving" to a mediocre level at best, but shits on Semedo despite him having a great start and says he dont deserve to be in a Barca kit lol. Great joke.

And I'm talking about performances in general, Deulofeu has been dead average despite having assists, he basically has one move to beat the defender and puts in a cross but gets tackled and dispossessed alot. As a RW, he is nothing compared to Dembele. In big games against Madrid he was simply atrocious. Semedo on the other hand is still a RB with defensive responsibilities, he was solid week in week out, against Juventus, he was stifling all the attacks on the right side, hardly dispossessed and was calm and composed on the ball until he had the bad game against Atletico.

Yeah and if u check on ratings Gomes is as terrible as well. His average ratings are 6-6.8 all season. No difference from last season.

LeeRomeno

Says the guy who defends Gomes despite him being disastrous the entire first season, praised him for "improving" to a mediocre level at best, but shits on Semedo despite him having a great start and says he dont deserve to be in a Barca kit lol. Great joke.

And I'm talking about performances in general, Deulofeu has been dead average despite having assists, he basically has one move to beat the defender and puts in a cross but gets tackled and dispossessed alot. As a RW, he is nothing compared to Dembele. In big games against Madrid he was simply atrocious. Semedo on the other hand is still a RB with defensive responsibilities, he was solid week in week out, against Juventus, he was stifling all the attacks on the right side, hardly dispossessed and was calm and composed on the ball until he had the bad game against Atletico.

Yeah and if u check on ratings Gomes is as terrible as well. His average ratings are 6-6.8 all season. No difference from last season.

Gomes was scapegoat of last season, just as Rakitic and Suarez were scapegoats beginning of this season. Considering the fact he has only played something like 500 minutes this season, which is less than 6 full games, it is totally unproportional. He is trashed if he is playing or not. He is target for bitter, trashy fans like you, who cannot live a day without trying to be critical and negative about something within the squad. Also people who have a tendency to overreact and exaggerate to the max.

Your make it sound like I have been defending him for ages. Well not really, he was awful last season and I have repeatedly stated the same. If praising someone equals noticing that player has more confidence and has improved (although the base level to from improve was horrible), then you have no clue what praising is.

Me shitting on Semedo? Where exactly? My question was why he is treated differently compared to other players, who after a few bad performances are usually considered worthless and to be sold here. Still to this day, the only response i get is "he has low confidence because he has been benched alot". Well guess what, he has played close to 1300 minutes already this season and has shown nothing after first couple of good games. So my question remains, why are some people so confident, he can come around? He doesnt seem on same mental level with squad, he does not really have that good connection with anyone and he seems not the most intelligent player as well.

I would be absolutely pleased if he came around and became a good player for us. I am a fan of this club and its players and i wish that for every single player. That also means that treating players biased is just not okey for me.

LeeRomeno

You're comparing apples to oranges and saying "Well they're in the same barrel, so they must be close enough." If you ignore literally every single factor behind the poor performances of Semedo and Deulofeu individually maybe you have a point, but you're really just deluded, as I've said before.

Ah, so in THIS SPECIFIC INSTANCE, you actually believe in forum opinion, despite you openly mocking general forum opinion on numerous occasions and speaking down on us as if we're just a bunch of temperamental children. Gotta love it, but general forum opinion does not always line up with reality, and Semedo's stats and position on the team clearly say he did not have as great a start as people think.

Maybe I'd keep my "idiotic mouth shut" if you wouldn't open yours and ask such stupid fucking questions? And just so you know, I did answer your question. Their circumstances are almost 100% different. But keep living in the land of Romeno, where delusion rules...

Just laughing at how incredibly deluded you are based on your post history. You're more of a master at that than BBZ is at creating glorious walls of text.

Complete random again. Comparing 2 players is not comparing apples to oranges. 2 players, both signed this summer, both had good start of season and both performances dropped. Once is considered never good enough for squad and happy to be loaned out, another "low on confidence because he is benched often".

I am arguing on this forum and no, where did I say that i believe in forum opinion, infact, what i am doing now is questioning the forum opinion about this. As for form, just read some ratings then if forum opinion is not enough. Here let me give you a hint,
Here are Deulos ratings from whoscored:
7.28; 7.31; 7.31; 6.2; 7.46; 6.54; 7.22; 7.44, then after never above 7 again.
Here are Semedos: 7.17; 6.99; 7.74; 7.99; 7; after that in 14 games, he has been above 7 3 times, most of ratings around 6.6

So, how exactly are the circumstances 100% different? Care to explain? Havent so far, only thing you do is insult, while being alongside this henias dude the guy with quite possibly the worst football understanding.
Here is quote from you in Deulofeu thread early in the season. You call me deluded? Fcking idiot
He's good enough right now. Playing at a high level and fits in with the squad better than every signing we made last summer bar Umtiti. He was never signed to be a starter and when Dembele gets match fitness back Deu will be the perfect first choice backup.

Home of Barca Fans