Lliga | Round 20: Real Betis - FC Barcelona 0-5

Joan

Brilliant game, don't know who looked better, Suarez or Rakitić

Messi didn't even try hard and still scored a brace and assisted :worthy:

Joan

Why do you think he didn't try hard? It looked like he was running quite a bit. Great effort today. He wanted to crush Betis today.

well, in the last 30 minutes or so he did, but talking about the whole game, he didn't put 100% of him into the match and still produced brilliant numbers

I mean, great effort, but for the most of the match he wasn't in it completely

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
First half Betis expanded too much energy and it was expected Barca would do much better in 2nd. Never would predict this though!
Valverde got the perfect balance where we are able to counter opponents physical game and punish them with our individual quality.

Rakitic and Busquets are clicking great as DMs, Roberto was lively in midfield and even Gomes looked solid.

Defense didn't have too much to do and we don't need words to describe Messi and Suarez.

10/10 display on tough ground without Iniesta or new shining toys. :barcaflag:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Great display in the second half, first half was not that bad either.

Does anyone have a Ray Hudson highlights in HD?

well, in the last 30 minutes or so he did, but talking about the whole game, he didn't put 100% of him into the match and still produced brilliant numbers

I mean, great effort, but for the most of the match he wasn't in it completely

I think this had more to do with Betis applying lots of pressure in the first half. Of course, there was no way they could keep that up the entire game.

Horatio

You're welcome
Noticing talk on other forums of Barca being favourite for CL.

I believe we are definitely strong contenders, but not sure about being favourites.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rakitic:

"Knowing the Betis boss, who generally risks a lot, we knew that they would want to press high and steal the ball."

"It was very important to have patience, to wait for the moment. And, in the second half, that moment came and we took advantage of it in the best way possible. We have to continue like this."

"Betis had prepared a one-on-one defence and we had to look for solutions. We spoke in the first half, we didn't want to wait until the break to talk between us."

"I think what we want is to improve in every game, in every moment. We have to go for more, to go at 100 per cent."

"We now have a nice challenge in the Copa."

"We have to improve in each game and enjoy it together. What we have left is more difficult. We have to go for everything, but bit by bit."

JamDav1982

I would rather they play back ups in the league and cup if possible if ties/league won.

Not only for CL but want to see Messi fresh for the World Cup.

Home of Barca Fans