Lliga | Round 33: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 2-3

serghei

Very good tactical analysis. This kind of position oriented zonal defence backfired a lot of times this season. We are just very bad at it. Because when a player did a mistake and let someone in from their designated zone, their teammates did not track that player, but rather stuck to their zones as if nothing happened.

I can understand Lucho was going for compactness, and defensive block, but when one players doesn't do his job right, a crack appears and the block ends up looking like a big pile of shit. This is a type of defence that is very demanding from each player defensively. We don't have that kind of players.

I could see during this season a lot of different tactics to the point that there is no clear idea about what we're trying to play. I've seen man marking, zonal defence, I've seen mixes between position oriented zonal, but also man oriented zonal like Madrid is doing in the video. There is too much variantion, to the point that it is not good at all.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
looking at replays since sunday, i am aghast at how poorly we defended both goals RM scored. the first was a failure of the line + not tracking marks; the second total lapse in concentration letting James make that run, unopposed, to the near post. thank god ter stegen played a major role in keeping us in the game.

Home of Barca Fans