Camp Nou attendances

Barcadub

I think the attendances where poor at times this season.

I don't have any official figures but just from what iv seen.

What can be done about this? A drop in ticket prices, a push to get earlier kick off times especially in the Copa del Rey. Or was it the Martino factor?

Kerrybai

What can be done about this? A drop in ticket prices, a push to get earlier kick off times especially in the Copa del Rey. Or was it the Martino factor?

The real solution is taking season tickets off Socio's. We have thousands of season ticket holders who renew every year just so they can attend a handful of games. We have 87k season ticket holders yet we average about 70k in attendance.

XaviMessiGirl

Yup, that and the ticket prices in general are the main culprits. Can't think of any other club who has lower attendances because too many people have season tickets.

Kerrybai

Yup, that and the ticket prices in general are the main culprits. Can't think of any other club who has lower attendances because too many people have season tickets.

I would love to know how many match day tickets we sell. Maybe if we raised the season ticket cost less people would renew and they could go to fans who will actually attend the games.

Richard.H

Not only attendance is low but the atmosphere is pure crap. Too many rich socios hold season tickets. Too many tourists in the stadium too. I get the feeling there aren't many middle class-lower class Barcelona citizens attending the games.

Kerrybai

Not only attendance is low but the atmosphere is pure crap. Too many rich socios hold season tickets. Too many tourists in the stadium too. I get the feeling there aren't many middle class-lower class Barcelona citizens attending the games.

Some of the season tickets are dirt cheap. The atmosphere sucks at most Spanish stadiums. Spain lacks the ultra culture associated with Germany.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Some of the season tickets are dirt cheap. The atmosphere sucks at most Spanish stadiums. Spain lacks the ultra culture associated with Germany.

We need the Boixos Nois to make the Nou Camp atmosphere better again

Antimadridista1

True, but it won't happen.
Actually they were present at the Mestalla for the final of the Copa Del Rey.

A friend of mine was there and told me that the atmosphere was very good.

Xtroverto

A criminal organization that only cause problems for the club? Who's members are currently spending time in jail, some of them sent to 10+ years for (murder, atempted murder, extorsion, drug trafficing, arms trafficing, house invasions, armed robbery and an endless list of violent crimes)

FC Barcelona need more atmosphere, but not at the expense of the club's image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_So2XK-ohE

Last edited:

Xtroverto

Raise the season ticket prices and lower the price of matchday tickets. Right now the difference is to big. The cheapest season ticket for 2012-13 season was 172 euros and the most expensive was 635 (average price). Compare that to matchday ticket prices and you will understand why most of the season ticket holders only show up on 30-40% of the matches. El Classico alone is 30% of the season ticket price, that is nutz, and should at most be 15%. On average between 30 and 40000 season ticket holders are missing every match, this is made up for by the 20-30000 tourists that go to Camp Nou every match.

One solution would be to offer bundles to those that only see 5-6 matches per season, they would get their fixed seat but it would only be valid for the x-games they buy and with a mandotory advance booking.

Another option would be to require season ticket holders to be present atleast 80% of the games or risking losing their seat, that would also be an option.

Here is a more indeph list of prices for 2010-11 season, when compared to matchday ticket prices, season ticket are dirt cheat, basically 4-5 league matches against top sides. A season ticket should be roughly equivalent to 12-14 games out of the 19, not 4-5 as in the case of FC Barcelona.

http://arxiu.fcbarcelona.cat/web/castellano/noticies/club/temporada10-11/07/21/n100721112103.html

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

A criminal organization that only cause problems for the club? Who's members are currently spending time in jail, some of them sent to 10+ years for (murder, atempted murder, extorsion, drug trafficing, arms trafficing, house invasions, armed robbery and an endless list of violent crimes)

FC Barcelona need more atmosphere, but not at the expense of the club's image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_So2XK-ohE

Just because a portion of them are criminals or racists (who should be rightly banned) doesn't mean they all are. Instead of banning everyone, they should have just separated it by individuals who have been proven to cause trouble. Banning the entire group was just the easy way out and paints a poor picture of fan support in Spain.

However, I don't agree with the way Rosell went around unbanning some of them though, but only because I'm sure he had an ulterior motive - getting ultras on your side is a powerful thing.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Just because a portion of them are criminals or racists (who should be rightly banned) doesn't mean they all are. Instead of banning everyone, they should have just separated it by individuals who have been proven to cause trouble. Banning the entire group was just the easy way out and paints a poor picture of fan support in Spain.

However, I don't agree with the way Rosell went around unbanning some of them though, but only because I'm sure he had an ulterior motive - getting ultras on your side is a powerful thing.

+1 everything these days gets generalized instead of picking out indivisuals. 100 causing trouble in a group of 1000+ ban all of them they are bad. Thats the easy way out

XaviMessiGirl

+1 everything these days gets generalized instead of picking out indivisuals. 100 causing trouble in a group of 1000+ ban all of them they are bad. Thats the easy way out

Yep. Should do what Villarreal did recently with the banana thrower, he was the culprit so he should be banned. Clearly there are the technological means to track down individuals, without having to generalize and ban entire fan groups or close entire stadium sections for the actions of a few.

Bucky

Penya Member
Sad times.

In regards to low attendance, what you guys have stated quite possibly is the cause; season ticket holders not attending coupled with high match day ticket prices.

To counter it they would need to lower ticket prices obviously but as for season ticket holders who don't attend... how on earth indeed do you put a stop to it? It may sound harsh but introducing penalties where by if they miss so many games in a row, or total, they could have their ticket suspended and let up for someone else to buy.

It will effect atmosphere but that could be because of the kind of people who go and attend matches?

I've often heard over the last few years here in the UK it being reported that the atmosphere at the Camp Nou is poor. A lot of people point the finger that there's too many tourists attending the games who merely "enjoy watching the game Barça play" or/and just want to see the superstars play i.e. Messi, Neymar, Iniesta, Xavi etc.

All being well, my wife & I are attending the game v Levante and I'm trying my hardest to make sure both of us have the chants drilled in & spot on. We're in 246, and praying we do have some fans around us that know the chants too who will get up and jump when necessary etc.

Having just checked too, it's the game marked down as the 15th Feb 2015, I know it's early but what are the chances the date changes? We'll be in Barcelona for Valentine's but starting to sweat if the date of the match is moved!

Home of Barca Fans