2011 UEFA Super Cup: Barca - Porto 2-0

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
BTW, ITV had a program on the past hour - Barcelona's greatest goals...Gotta find it on DL, it has been a real treat

impeh

Hi, its me..
is sanchez on the bench?
pretty confident we will win this, hopefully grab an early goal..

really hope it doesnt go to extra time with villarreal in 2/3 days..

W

Worms

these should provide a much sterner test than man utd did in the cl final., still fancy a cushty enough win though., think there'll be goals, porto aint afraid to play unlike well, the red shower

+1

BarcaNamul

Cmon Messi.....show why you are the best in the world....May God help us tonight.....
Visca el Barca...Visca Messi !!!

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Very poor performance all around.
Good 2nd goal.

great teams win matches that they have no business winning. considering who we were missing, who was playing out of position, and how off form everyone was, I'll freaking take it.

I don't wanna see people bitching about FCB "only" winning 2-0 and playing like "shit" ... cuz you people make me sick. Enjoy the fact that this team is capable of winning titles when not at 100% and please remember that we are still in August.

abual3bed1

messi saved our asses once again .. he's already lethal in August .. am guessing the humidity was terrible and took alot of the players..

impeh

Hi, its me..
We always seem to start slowly in cup finals, which is kinda strange, if a team actually managed to score in that first 20minutes it would be interesting.
Valdes and Abidal were sloppy, but Messi saved us again.. if he gets injured we're so screwed.
Glad Cesc scored, and dont reallyy wanna open the Thiago debate again, but Cesc is always gonna be number one sub for a CM spot.. if he wasnt here it would be Thiago coming on, although i have no problem with that.. im hoping Thiago will be happy just playing the cup games and the odd league match at home for a season or two. (assuming we have no major injuries)
Masch again proving he is an awesome CB, even winning some headers :blush:

lessthanjake

Never understood trophy counts. Does this and the Spanish super cup count toward last year, or this year?

Last year, I believe. That's why the 2009 season was a "sextuple" even though 3 of the trophies (both super cups and the club world cup) came during the next season.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
This game just shows how off form we are at the moment, and yet we still beat Madrid over two legs. Amazing.

Home of Barca Fans