FC Barcelona to meet Tottenham, PSV and Internazionale in UCL-groupstage 2018/19

soul24rage

We have Sevilla, Inter and Real Madrid over the course of 7 days in October.

hopefully it is over the course of 9 days with vs Sevilla on the 20th and Real on the 28th. The good thing is that all of those games are at home so we don't have to travel. Definitely the hardest run in the first half of this season

Barcilliant

We are fucked.
I predict Europa league for us. People bash Serie A but our record against Italian teams is average especially in Italy.

I see Spurs beating us at Wembley and drawing at the Nou.
This will be the end of the line for Valverde and some of the seniors.

Arizona Scott

I think the draw totally sucks for the other 3. Best group overall.

Spurs are very good, but they ain't Barca. They also aren't going to play in their true home stadium yet and have a much more intense slate of September matches.
However Valverde MUST give an off day to Messi, Busquets, Suarez, Coutinho, Alba, Roberto & Rakitic across the Girona or Leganes affairs, and some rotation vs Bilbao.

I expect Barca 1, Spurs 2. Inter has some talent but is a mess and PSV has no shot in this group.

I don't think Barca having easier groups has helped them.

Givenchy

We are fucked.
I predict Europa league for us. People bash Serie A but our record against Italian teams is average especially in Italy.

I see Spurs beating us at Wembley and drawing at the Nou.
This will be the end of the line for Valverde and some of the seniors.

Spurs really arent all that and i expect a win at camp nou and atleast a draw in wembley. Inter will be the upset of the group and we'll struggle vs them as we always do vs italian teams that i agree on.

were not fucked though, we have a great shot at winning this years CL. PSG and Liverpool are the most dangerous for Barca but City/Bayern/Madrid are there for the taking

God Serena

This is the best case scenario, imo. Not for any reason I've seen listed here, but because I don't believe Valverde is capable of beating these teams, and the board will have no choice but to do something when it becomes clear we're going to struggle to make the round of 16.

Barcilliant

Spurs really arent all that and i expect a win at camp nou and atleast a draw in wembley. Inter will be the upset of the group and we'll struggle vs them as we always do vs italian teams that i agree on.

were not fucked though, we have a great shot at winning this years CL. PSG and Liverpool are the most dangerous for Barca but City/Bayern/Madrid are there for the taking

Are you serious?
Surely trolling?

Andresito

Staff member
This is the best case scenario, imo. Not for any reason I've seen listed here, but because I don't believe Valverde is capable of beating these teams, and the board will have no choice but to do something when it becomes clear we're going to struggle to make the round of 16.

When was the last time that happened? When times were shit in late 2014/early 2015 they just sacked Zubi, nothing else.

FinBarcelonafan

I think tough group is good news. We get to test our level earlier, which is nice. I just want to see Barcelona play well in CL. We've been awful last 3 years.

Home of Barca Fans