Sandro Rosell resigns, Bartomeu is the new president

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A good calculated move by Laporta. Fire up the socios and see what their reactions are and if it goes according to the plan, then reveal that you're standing up for presidency or supporting someone else for it.

I

instinct

Sure, don't bother translating for us... Everyone here speaks Catalan.

Sorry, missed it. I don't speak it either, I just copied it from a FB page.

The important thing is that he ''forces'' a democratic election.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is basically saying that they should hold elections for the best interest for the club and the fans.

Alarcón

Not to sound like a prick but now i just remembered the lessons of moral I recieved from a few members here last summer because I'm a fan of a PSG team ran by evil qataries

Not to put salt on the wound but... Well, Rosell doesn't seem to merit great respect either :messi:

As people said above, he would never resign if the accusations were false.

The point is that Barca is owned by the members, just operated by the board. There's a pretty big difference.

Alarcón

Meant to reply but you guys got an answer:

Furthermore: Laporta wanted Beckham and when he picked Madrid, Rosell saved the day with Ronaldinho.

You're right but taking credit for it in the light of the current accusations just to polish his image was still inappropiate. In the end he will be remembered for what he did during his presidency, not for what went on several years before that.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Rumour going that Tony Freixa will be tendering his resignation as well...Seems strange a couple of days after Rosell which begs the question of what actually has been going on

serghei

That's not what I mean, I am saying that the all in figure of 86m euros could be more reflective of a 60/65m transfer. Actually closer to 70m I think.

The agent figure given was 2.5m which is much lower than you would normally get.

The transfer fee itself was 57.1 from what I've read. The rest to 86.2 millions were part of the deal Barca signed with the player + agent comission. We pay Neymar a lot of money.

B

beautifulgame

Turns out Cases didn't withdraw the lawsuit. Ha wants an written assurance from FCB, saying the club won't sue him. President Bartomeu's words weren't enough. I wish this could end soon.

thought this was funny cuz in a way he case is about the Sandro taking responsbility and accountability for the actions he took but now he doesn't want to be accountable legally for lodging the investigation? lol i'm not really knocking the guy tho, but thought that was funny.

impeh

Hi, its me..
How Neymar's arrival turned from triumph to disaster for Sandro Rosell

'Rosell's Barcelona credentials are unquestionable: he had been a club ballboy and his father was a director, the man who smashed the obligatory bust of Franco on the day the dictator died, but he never quite seemed to "get" Barcelona. He will be remembered as the man who sold Eric Abidal and sold the shirt to Qatar Airways. The man who fell out with Johan Cruyff, Pep Guardiola and even Messi. He was a man who lacked the charisma and charm, the approachability and popularity of Joan Laporta, the former president and his rival who he so resented and whose shadow he could never escape.

When at last he did, he did so by signing Neymar. It was supposed to be the start of Rosell's era. It was the end. It cost him more than he could ever imagine and more than he would ever say.'

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Turns out Cases didn't withdraw the lawsuit. Ha wants an written assurance from FCB, saying the club won't sue him. President Bartomeu's words weren't enough. I wish this could end soon.

Hold on, hold on, this guy brings the club's reputation into disrepute, brings a lawsuit against our President, indirectly causing him to step down, causes huge commotion and distraction at the club and now he wants the club to write a written assurance not to sue him? Fuck this guy, Bartomeu sue his ass.

Home of Barca Fans