Lliga | Round 13: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 1-1

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
just rewatched some of our last Valencia away games, interesting that we havent lost at mestalla for almost 10 years in la liga, alot of draws and narrow wins since pep. ( at home we lost some important games against them on the contrary!).

This one screams a draw like 1:1, but i still got the feeling we will win this narrowly!:barcascarf:

Well, Pep has always been more conservative & pragmatic away from home which is the reason why losing away from Camp Nou has not exactly happened quite a lot resulting in the draws and narrow wins. This again is observed in the CL!
However, back home he has always been adventurous & attack oriented which of course increased the risk!!

jairzinho

I think Valverde will go for the same approach he used against Juve, which is to not take too many risks. The only difference is, Messi starts this time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Marcelino:

"I don't have they key to stop him (Messi) because I'm not smarter than everyone else, and I don't play. It's easy to make opinions over how to stop him, we will try to stop him appearing as much as possible and limit him to one zone."

"Barcelona always have the obligation to win but we can and want to win too," he added, saying there is only "three points" at stake and Valencia are "competing against a great team".

"It's been the simplest week to prepare for because the motiviation and hope are at their fullest and we are convinced about our chances as we should be. We have the belief, we want to win and we will try to do so."

Neymessi

They are 2nd and its not a fluke they are actually playing good.

Could be the toughest away match of la liga.

A draw wouldn't be bad.

booge

I just have a feeling starting Paulinho with Busquets with a strong back 4 would be the best option.

You really need to defensive midfielders in this away match.

draconifire

We should win this. Valverde rested Messi for this game, he seems to take it very seriously. Lets do it. I'm looking forward to the best game we played this season.

Galning

Zaza is declared fit to play.

I will be at the Mestalla cheering for us.

Good stuff. With Barca fans or? Galning days hosts can be very hostile.

I was at Valencia away three years ago I think and the police tore our Catalan flag INSIDE the stadium. Good times. Fans aren't the nicest either, we were getting abused all game long.. then Busi scored that winner in extra time :wub:

Home of Barca Fans