11/12 Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-3

JDaniels

tumblr_lw1uy6nnqs1qep54ao1_250.gif

tumblr_lw1uy6nnqs1qep54ao2_250.gif

Casi :lol:

Gaines10

Both goals happened because of a defelection nothing to do with "luck" as theres absolutely no such thing.

Xavis shot was on target but marcelo tried to block it but didnt so well and it ending up in the back of the net.

Valdes mis placed a pass, di maria tried to play benzema in, busquests cleared it rubbishly & ozil shot (not sure if it was on target) & it again was blocked by busquests but fell perfectly for benzema to strike.

Both goals were because of errors whether you determine them to be forced or unforced is dependant on yourself.

Why people want to talk about Xavi's goal constantly is beyong on me; Did it decide the outcome of the match? No

It's only because of Mourinho saying we were lucky to win that we have people talking rubbish on here as usual.

Maybe if RM Precious Penaldo wouldnt bottle it in every big game we wouldnt be so "Lucky" apparently

We deserved to win and we had numerous other chances to score more than the 3.

Trillske

Anyone else think it was a really poor match?
It wasnt awesome in my opinion though I suppose it depends on what kind of games you like. I´ve seen worse classicos, but in this one the defence was superior from both teams. Could be that neither Messi nor Ronaldo had much success, or that the defenders where just on top form, dont know. What I do know is a lot of defensive tackles from Real looked absolutely sick, and Barcelona with Puyol in lead put up an insane barrier.

There wasnt a lot of diving and only some individual whining so in that regard - huge step up, hopefully the classicos are finaly passed that.

I think it didnt help that the game didnt have a real flow, the goals wherent very logical either way and the outcome allways felt a bit arbitrary.

Last edited:
B

barcelonista

Benzemas' Goal started with an error by valdes, caused by RM's high pressure.

High pressure my ass. No one was pressuring Valdes. Di Maria was like 20 meters away and just waiting for the goal kick. He didn't even move, until Valdes passed the ball to him. There was absolutely no pressure on Valdes in that moment. He just fucked up.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I wouldn't say there was zero pressure, come on...It wasn't so intense that it directly caused the turnover but there was pressure...Victor just mishit it...He was trying to loft the ball over Di Maria to catch Abidal out wide near the touchline - wasn't even close though

B

barcelonista

I have the full video of the game here. There was really zero pressure. I'm watching the scene here again right now. Di Maria was even moving BACKWARDS, away from goal, expecting Valdes to make a goal kick. Had nothing to do with Real Madrid's pressing game. Valdes was just nervous and shat his pants in that moment.

B

barcelonista

xrmzuhfv.jpg

Look at Di Maria leaning backwards. He wasn't even running at Valdes. And he's far away from him as well, not even in the box. It's a common scene in a football match.

Trillske

The Usain Bolts coming at him was definatly the reason he got nervous. Its not about players actually approaching that very second, more about expectation. If they would have kept that stuff up, they would have a very different game. Again though you dont run like Usain Bolt in 90 minutes.

For a better reference than that one, look what happens the sequence just before it. The collective pressure was jaw dropping.

For an even better reference, look whats happend to teams when they´ve faced Barcelona in the passed years. Teams like Milan, Arsenal, United, suddenly look absolutely horrible even when there is no evident pressure. They expect it, are out of the comfort zone, and suddenly an easy pass in midfield is an impossible task.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans