2011-2012 CL Final: Bayern - Chelsea

SeloBarca

Seriously? does anyone think Chelsea now are the best team in the world?
This will just be one of those CL finals forgotten. Anti-football and luck isnt something that should be praised.

Dany

I don't know how Chelsea supporters/players can be proud by this CL win, I would be ashamed if Barca played like this in ANY game let alone in the CL finals and semi finals.
Parking the bus for 88minutes and refusing to play football does NOT make you the best team if Europe.

XaviMessiGirl

ok, let me just say that I hate Chelsea and didn't want them to win. But I'm seriously tired of the "football lost today" crap I keep reading, really what is "football"? Like attacking football is the only way to play? Funny I thought it was a tactical sport, find a way to win and you play like that. They're not playing to entertain us, it makes us sound arrogant as hell. Sure parking the bus is annoying and boring for the average spectator and it's not my personal preference but if it works to win then so be it.

Are Chelsea the best team in Europe? Debatable, since a lot of luck also came their way with a lot of their opponents failing to capitalize on their chances. But you know what, best team doesn't always win.

Anyways. Congrats Anton, must feel nice for the fans that have been waiting for a while to experience this.

Manuel Traquete

I love a good underdog story as much as anyone else.

But this is not one, unfortunately. There's nothing brave or heroic about Chelsea's success or the way they got there.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Ah, bitterness has never been so sweet.

Anybody would be proud of their team for winning a CL. At the end of the day Di Matteo knew the teams limitations and pretty much got the team to play in a way that best suits the players at his disposal. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that. I hate teams parking against Chelsea but what are they meant to do in a situation like that where they are a far inferior side? I mean we aren't far inferior to Bayern overall but with 3 key players missing in the final there was little we could do to be honest. We had a plan, we stuck to it, it almost came undone, we got ourselves back into it and we finally got the win we've been craving for years.

End of story.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Ah, bitterness has never been so sweet.

Anybody would be proud of their team for winning a CL. At the end of the day Di Matteo knew the teams limitations and pretty much got the team to play in a way that best suits the players at his disposal. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that. I hate teams parking against Chelsea but what are they meant to do in a situation like that where they are a far inferior side? I mean we aren't far inferior to Bayern overall but with 3 key players missing in the final there was little we could do to be honest. We had a plan, we stuck to it, it almost came undone, we got ourselves back into it and we finally got the win we've been craving for years.

End of story.

Don't let it get to ya, celebrate! ;)

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I'm not, I'm enjoying defending my team on the day we won the CL. :D These guys aren't a bunch I can always defend, I mean I can't defend Terry no matter what, but I can defend the manager and the other lads on this fantastic day! :D

Chainsaw

Killahead
Condolences to everybody. Only an English team can win it like this that nobody can figure out what the hell happened!

Does this mean 5 English teams in the next year CL? MY GOD...what a horror!!! :facepalm:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Whinge whinge whinge, shut up yeah? Your players didn't step up against Chelsera in the semi and deserved to lose, end of story. Barcelona have the last right to argue anything right now. STFU.
Yep we blew our chance and next year hopefully we play chelsea in the CL knockout stage.

Home of Barca Fans