Lliga: Barca - Valencia 2-0

Jombi

Lucho will go full strength against PSG. Suppose we see what happened with Real and Schalke.

Getafe at home should be a proper rest game. Cordoba is an early kick off so maybe it's best to only rotate a small bit, we don't play too well on early kick offs. Even though it is only Córdoba, they did put real to the sword.

Yeah, you're right. I take that back and I hope and believe we will play full strength vs PSG.

Even against Getafe, I dont want to see more than 3 rotations. More than that and it tends to destabilize the team rhythm by playing so many players who dont have match fitness.

Butifarra Eater

Adriano, defensively, was just...yikes.

Big fan of his, hugely valuable squad player, but I had forgotten than his 1v1 defense is that shocking. I didn't read the box score but he must have had at least 86 fouls resulting in dangerous free kicks.

Agree w/ the rest of the lads, 3 points against a very, very good football club. Going beyond that, tough to find positives. Suicidal defending, no pressure on the ball, etc. Exhaustion? Mental fatigue? Whatever. We got the points.

raskolnikov

No, not like against Socieded. Like against Almeria, Cordoba or Granada. Sheesh.

I mean back when we faced Sociedad he was on the bench as well in the game we lst 1-0.
He threw a tantrum afterwards and since then has played everything full force, which is why he is so tired now.
All our 3 forwards absolutely hate being subbed, nearly take it as an insult even if its in the teams best interest.
Messi has too much power to be miss out on an easy game unfortunately.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Only seen the highlights but what is up with Leos 1-on-1 finishing. Basically just kicked it straight at the GK and got lucky with the rebound.

Ritchie

We should start considering starting vs Cordoba & Getafe without him at all and bring him in only as an emergency means instead. He really has looked exhausted compared to how brutally sharp he was in the first half of the season. I hope he isn't still stubborn about being rested as he was in Pep's years. I remember that video, where Pep tries to sub him off, he refuses and Pep shows sheepish submissive grimace. Hope Lucho has guts to put him in his place for once. He's grown man now, he should know what's better for him and team now. Playing almost ALL games in the season, which can near to 60+ if we get into the finals, when nearing 30s is not a sensible thing. He should know that himself.

Penaldo still plays every minute at 30.

Gnidrologist

Penaldo has converted to all out striker, who doesn't do much apart from being in the right place at the right time. Messi is both leading the attack and controlling the midfield at this point. The energy drain is obviously higher for Messi.

raskolnikov

Think about it the day after and I still cant believe we won. Nothing short of a miracle it wasnt 1-3 at ht.
This win is so important, might even be the one that leads to our title victory.

Imagine losing this, we would be behind Real again.
In my mind, now that Modric is out Reals season is in danger. They can lose everything this week, and I hope thats what happens. If celta take points of them, we beat pericos and pa liga is very close.
This valencia game will ve viewed as a crucial win.

Gnidrologist

I heard both Modric and Bail got injured. Is Modric really out for the rest of the season?
If so, it is even more of a miracle, that we have all our players (except for :vermaelen:, obviously) in tact all season along. Just look at the injury plague that bother two thirds of other big clubs this season. It's uncanny.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Only seen the highlights but what is up with Leos 1-on-1 finishing. Basically just kicked it straight at the GK and got lucky with the rebound.

I'd say he was exhausted by end of the game, everyone was.

It is truly a miracle we've won this one :D

Home of Barca Fans