Leon Goretzka

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Might as well keep Gomes instead of signing him. Some of these attacking midfielders standout when playing in teams with a direct style but look hapless when thrown in the deep end of Barcelona's passing game. Really don't see what he'd bring that Gomes doesn't at this stage.

Actually, he also has done pretty well for Germany NT

M

MessiCam

Actually, he also has done pretty well for Germany NT

What does he bring to the table that Gomes doesn’t already? I asked this in the transfer and rumours thread...

If he is to come we’ll have 4 box to box midfielders. Roberto, Rakitic, Gomes and Paulinho. Only Gomes is rumoured to be on his way out. This is some crazy stuff man. It’s not the EPL.

Givenchy

many people are saying 'hes not a Barca type midfielder' but honestly outside of aging Iniesta and Verratti, who is? if we can get rid of Gomes and Rakitic he'd be a great addition imo

khaled_a_d

What does he bring to the table that Gomes doesn’t already? I asked this in the transfer and rumours thread...

If he is to come we’ll have 4 box to box midfielders. Roberto, Rakitic, Gomes and Paulinho. Only Gomes is rumoured to be on his way out. This is some crazy stuff man. It’s not the EPL.

He seem like a rich man Gomes, also I doubt we will keep all those midfielders anyway.
Think Rakitic,Gomes,Arda & Rafinha will be out of the club before next season, Roberto will be full time RB if we bring two midfielders too (and rightfully so IMO)
So a midfield of Countinho(?) Goretzka(?), Iniesta,Alena & Paulinho in front of Busquets looks solid IMO
We have been using a box to box for 4 seasons now, and before it the two "Barca DNA" midfield had stopped working for 3 seasons before it

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, same here.

Besides Rakitic might stick around for the sake of it even if we try to sell him.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Comparing him to Gomes is kind of ridiculous already but someone saying Samper is better? :lol:
Just nuts. Goretzka would improve Barca's mf easily.

M

MessiCam

Comparing him to Gomes is kind of ridiculous already but someone saying Samper is better? :lol:
Just nuts. Goretzka would improve Barca's mf easily.

I’ve watched him a few times and he is a similar player to Gomes so I don’t see what he’ll improve other than maybe bring some confidence. Samper, whom I don’t rate that highly, is different player.

I’m not convinced by Seri either but hell, he would be a better prospect than everybody we’ve been linked with combined.

Yannik

What does he bring to the table that Gomes doesn’t already?

Good football? I understand when people say that they do not want to bring in this player type, but Goretzka is on a whole different level than Gomes individually and just because Gomes is shitting it, doesn't mean that anyone remotely close like him would too.

People are easily forgetting that he is a soon to be free agent, only 22yo and with great potential. Even if he flopped Barca would make great profit of his resale. Not to mention this also gives you the opportunity to sell Gomes, adding another +15-30m € on top of this whole trade.
This is the type of signing that a smart board would do, which means it's probably not gonna happen.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Good football? I understand when people say that they do not want to bring in this player type, but Goretzka is on a whole different level than Gomes individually and just because Gomes is shitting it, doesn't mean that anyone remotely close like him would too. Not to mention he's gonna be a bloody free agent.
I’ve thought about all this. These types of players usually excel in other teams but fall hard when they need to play Barça style.

Home of Barca Fans