FC Barcelona Finances

JamDav1982

Not all boards are the same. We'll see if the next leaders are better or are as spineless as this lot. It will depend a lot on the manager they will get and how much they trust that manager, obviously. There are some managers out there that don't accept the shit happening at the club for a while.

They will be the same as wont even get in if campaign on making the changes required.

It is an issue with the board system as nearer end of term there is not the desire to make longer term changes required and prefer to go for more instant impact.

Again no manager worth their salt will want job. Players are too powerful and team is built to certain players that makes it tactically inflexable.

Top coaches will bide their time until this generation is done and even then most of them want to be in EPL these days.

serghei

They will be the same as wont even get in if campaign on making the changes required.

It is an issue with the board system as nearer end of term there is not the desire to make longer term changes required and prefer to go for more instant impact.

Again no manager worth their salt will want job. Players are too powerful and team is built to certain players that makes it tactically inflexable.

Top coaches will bide their time until this generation is done and even then most of them want to be in EPL these days.

Some boards and managers accept indiscipline because they don't aim for the highest level of glory. And, truth be told, these pampered, overpaid and past it (some more than others) super-players have proved that they can still win titles regardless of their problems (and there are quite a few). And they make money for the club.

But the really ambitious leaders (be it presidents, or managers) will want to aim for the highest level that is achievable for themselves and the club, and will have the guts to make the nasty calls to get there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They're also paying out of their pocket to ensure the regular employees receive 100% of their salary as long as this lasts, in addition to taking a 70% paycut.

serghei

It's probable we will get much of the same thing in the future, new Bartomeus and Valverdes, and in this case, the retirement of the veterans is the only reset button we have. But there's also an outside chance we hire and elect better, smarter leaders that will speed things up.

Alik

Barca's Employees thanked the players and are still questioning the club's decision to move towards an ERTE.

Guess it's not only the players who are questioning the club's finances and decisions and intentions.

[tw]1244676853480198150[/tw]

ERTE:

https://en.as.com/en/2020/03/26/football/1585263364_830896.html

I don't understand it either. How can they say 100% of the non-sporting salaries will be paid, but also do an ERTE? It's a contradiction.

JamDav1982

Some boards and managers accept indiscipline because they don't aim for the highest level of glory. And, truth be told, these pampered, overpaid and past it (some more than others) super-players have proved that they can still win titles regardless of their problems (and there are quite a few). And they make money for the club.

But the really ambitious leaders (be it presidents, or managers) will want to aim for the highest level that is achievable for themselves and the club, and will have the guts to make the nasty calls to get there.

Ambitious leaders will wait and not be the ones to break up some of these players. Same with the Presidents.

Alik

Will they not just pay them 100% then claim back the ERTE?

How does the ERTE work?

ERTE:

During the period of the current situation, labor relations involving both employment and wages will be suspended or working hours will be reduced.

It will be applied regardless of the number of workers in the company and the number affected by the suspension.

It does not generate any right to compensation for the worker, although the worker will have the right to collect unemployment benefit.

So they won't be paid a salary and they won't be compensated later, other than the normal unemployment benefit.

malvolio

Jamdav and Serghei spinning that shit around only so that it suits their agenda of trashing the players week in week out.
Players/club don't say anything = surely those greedy mofos don't want to help
Players/club release a statement in which they take the biggest wage cut in world football(bigger than people expected) = surely those greedy mofos were presurred by the media to take the cuts

Make up your minds you imbeciles. Which one is it? Aliens coming from outer space and telling them to take the cuts? Cruyff's ghost waking up Pique in the middle of the night?

Fuck me this pandemic shit took a big toll on your brains fellas. :lol:

JamDav1982

Jamdav and Serghei spinning that shit around only so that it suits their agenda of trashing the players week in week out.
Players/club release a statement in which they take the biggest wage cut in world football(bigger than people expected) = surely those greedy mofos were presurred by the media to take the cuts

Make up your minds you imbeciles. Which one is it? Aliens coming from outer space and telling them to take the cuts? Cruyff's ghost waking up Pique in the middle of the night?

Yip I will trash the players as think they are protecting their position desperately as legs decline and they have too much power.

The board have let it get to this point and know power lays with the players.

Board should have told players they are taking hit end of story.

Keep being a happy clapper as see those same players out run/out fought in the CL by next decent team they play.

malvolio

Yip I will trash the players as think they are protecting their position desperately as legs decline and they have too much power.

The board have let it get to this point and know power lays with the players.

Board should have told players they are taking hit end of story.

Keep being a happy clapper as see those same players out run/out fought in the CL by next decent team they play.

I'm not arguing that some of them are overpaid and on too long contracts(the bigger issue for me). But I don't find any pleasure in trashing them for things like these, even more so when rumours are thrown around like crazy.

JamDav1982

I'm not arguing that some of them are overpaid and on too long contracts(the bigger issue for me). But I don't find any pleasure in trashing them for things like these, even more so when rumours are thrown around like crazy.

Piques behaviour is an absolute disgrace for example.

Any top coach/club would have punted him long ago as attitudes like his fester.

Making documentaries about players not signing for club. Going public on himself trying to influence club transfers. Missing training to go to a tennis tournament. Laughing at EV when he told them couldnt go out at night and stated he would go anyway.

The guys ego is way out of control and even on pitch he does nothing but bitch at refs and doesnt orgnaise/lead.

No wonder Barca concede goals like the corner v Liverpool when likes of him is there to keep players focused.

Have said it many times but best ever group manager and man manager was SAF.... he got rid of players for far less than any shit Pique pulls.

The Barcelona dressing room whiffs of an arrogance of untouchability and it pisses me off.

Folk think this is Messi 'standing up' to terrible board for years.... when I would bet my bottom dollar this is carried over from the sacking of EV, the calling out of some players not training and then the mention of players not wanting to reduce salary.

It is a power struggle not these heroic players trying to rid the club of evil board for the greater good.

Richard.H

No need to be a company man at a time like this. Truth is, you don't know how the players are behind the scenes either. However, everyone knows there is a terrible board and a Club De Amigos. It's understandable why there would be some users blaming the players.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The board should have told the players they were getting a cut and offered it up to them to announce it.

There should have been little to no negotiation and ANY player not happy with it would then have been left in position of being the ones to speak up.

Far too much power in that squad and the board pander to them. That is the biggest issue at the club and stopping the rebuilding needed.

I agree with you that the squad has probably too much power but I don't think it is as easy as the board telling them that "everyone needs to take a whatever % pay cut, if you don't then suffer the consequences" etc. when it comes to these financial matters. The club is probably bound by the contracts and other stipulations which require both parties (the club and the player) to come into an agreement first. The last thing we want is to have some disgruntled players suing the club in the amount of millions (think Neymar) for breaching the contract or something like that.

Home of Barca Fans