Ivan Rakitić

God Serena

I think, deep down, BBZ only likes Rakitic because he's tall and Croatian. (he disliked short arse Halilovic from the start). Busquets has been nothing short of a genius for us and yet you never hear a peep about him from BBZ.

We have plenty of other Croatian Barca fans here, some are even Rakitic fans as well, who, unlike BBZ, can see and admit that he's not playing well and shouldn't be a starter- meanwhile BBZ ghosts after every game (due to yet another Rakitic stinker no doubt) and then he comes back with his desperate, statistical extrapolations in an attempt to justify the impossible.

This is before my time but wasn't Chilean Mandrake here berating everyone and every player that threatened Sanchez & Bravo's minutes just like BBZ does with Rakitic?

Nowadays he's nowhere to be seen.... so who knows what will happen once we fuck the now lazy Rakitic off, possibly this summer.

What's really strange about BBZ is back when Rakitic was at least playing decently (Under Lucho), BBZ would talk about Rakitic being a granny on old and tired legs, and how some players hit their decline sooner and their bodies seem to age faster, and most of the forum actually attacked him for that opinion. :lol:

Not sure what happened but it's really peculiar how BBZ went from claiming the entire squad needs a refresh specifically because players like Rakitic are still able to start for us, to defending Rakitic so defiantly even though he's much worse now than he was before.

xXKonan

He says he feels like he's in the best shape he's ever been in wants to retire here with a contract extension.

Yet He's playing like a player who could very well be one of the biggest reasons we could end up having a CL exit this season. I still laugh at the idea of some Barca fans claiming he's still our best CM when that really hasn't been the case this season.

A 22-year-old Arthur, who has come from Brazil this season has been much more effective than Rakitic has. Sure Rakitic has a lot more experience but that alone can't save him from the fact he has largely been carried this season by Arthur.

Vilarrubi

I knew Croatia reaching the WC Final was bad news for us with Rakitic. Overplayed because of “experience” instead of current form.

Morten

I knew Croatia reaching the WC Final was bad news for us with Rakitic. Overplayed because of “experience” instead of current form.

Rakitic should simply have followed the "RM-formula" that Modric did, use the first half of the season as a training-session(aka dont do shit), and look at that,back into shape for the 2nd half of the season!

Arizona Scott

What is tiring is your constant defense of every underperforming player and mediocrity at this club. This is Barça. One of the two giants of the game and the most successful football club in the world in the past 30 years based on trophies, worldwide recognition, footballing style/philosophy, dynasties, Ballon d'Or winners, having the best players in that period, including the GOAT (for sure in the past 30 years of football) and practically every other measurement.

Not only that we went from having 2 of the arguably best midfielders in football history (for club and country moreover which is a very rare combination) to the likes of Rakitic. In particular the Rakitic of recent seasons.

Actually we had (as did Spain) the best midfield in the history of football. 3 unique and generational players. Both in style and trophies like nothing before, nor since. Truth is there isn't a Xavi or Iniesta or huge Busi playing for anyone in the world at the moment, let alone 3 even if they had buyout clauses and we had unlimited $. And honestly the aging of these 3 impacted us far more than the fact we brought in Rakitic, and the alternatives to Rakitic havn't been obvious.

I will also add rakitic and suarez and bob and pique (chief scapegoat club) have also been while Barca has had the most trophies on major football even since Pep left--the history and legacy you are talking about. We act like last year wasn't a huge achievement because we wet the bed one night in rome. Last year I fault Valverde more than anyone for not managing the fitness and energy in the roster.

Look I would be all in favor of Rakitic being sold or to be on the bench, but we havn't had 3 players to do it. People are saying oh Vidal is so much better, well no he is not. We hope for FDJ, but he isn't here yet and even when he comes it is possible there is a lot more adjustment than fans seems to think. It is a shame these two couldn't split the minutes around Arthur and Busi right now---with spot minutes for Alena. Same with Bob (although Semedo looks to be about to make that happen), and Pique keeps being our best backline player outside of Alba. I was in favor of having Rakitic on the bench yesterday and starting Alena. Damn some veteran guys (most worried about Suarez, Pique and Rakitic, thankfully Alba couldn't play) are playing too much in Jan/Feb, AGAIN!

There is no point in defending mediocrity other than shooting yourself in the foot. That was exactly what destroyed this club at the turn of the century. That and an incompetence from the board. Something that this club has struggled with historically speaking outside of the Laporta era and most parts of the Núñez era although even that long era had its dark periods. Largely due to self-destruction.

The only way to get better is to get better players, or a better coach. Having said this Barca has been the best football team in the last decade. The dominant team in the dominant league, somewhat unfortunately, also frequently peaking before February. I have my issues with many personnel decisions from coaches to transfers and lack of quality depth. But if we run our players to the ground and they are not performing as well late season I don't usually think it is the players fault--they are trying to win, and summon what they got when called, managers have to manage and have the big picture in mind.

Arizona Scott

BTW, Rakitic was the player that lost most balls yesterday. 10. Sure, a great performance. Outstanding in fact. Come on. One thing is to be loyal (must be the American influence here where fans are expected to support the team and players at all costs, hence why 90% of the franchises are serial losers) but another is too put your head in the sand like an ostrich. The fanbase in Spain and Southern Europe in general is vastly different from the American lot. In particular at the elite clubs. This constant criticism and high standards is what has made us and RM to what we are today. Giants of the game that every single footballer is dreaming to play for while usually only the very best get such an opportunity..

Two more things to add balance. He also had the most touches, at 104. I am not saying he was great, but he did more good things and fewer bad things than Vidal. And likely better than Oriel or Samper, the other alternatives if we wanted neither Vidal or Rakitic out there (as I stated before the match I wanted Alena out there but was concerned he wouldn't be).

In America we have the phase the "Backup QB is always the most popular guy in town". That is completely parallel many of my observations about the scapegoat club in this forum. And though I don't like them we have our Patriots, who would fit your model of excellence even with salary constraints trying to force mediocreity across a pro sports league. And no they don't give sentimental deals to stars as they age unless they are still producing at the top (they do keep Tom Brady around because of his mind and right arm as we will keep Messi as long as he has his mind and left foot).

YodaMaster

Criticizing is fine, scapegoating a whole series of problems on a single (and often the wrong one) needs a reality check. The prime members if the club are rakitic, suarez, bob and pique. As does the idea of plating the next tom, dick or harry in there will fix our issues. If we had a kdb, both silvas, mahrez and Fernandinho i would agree he shouldnt see any of the pitch right now. Sorry, alena, oriel, and samper isn't quite that no matter what you wish it to be.

Some loon on flop of the match listed rakitic and not vidal, that shows the irrationality when it comes to him. Blowing off steam on your favorite scapegoat and a poor team performance is fine, but ill pop in here and there when the pile of horse crap gets a little too big.

Rakitic single handily fucked up the end of the match for Barca, he literally gave Bilbao 2 winning chances in the last 10 mins and he can thank Ter Stegen for those incredible saves. I don't know what game you watched. He was awful in the most crucial moment and that's enough to be top 3 flops. Him, Suarez and Vidal were worst players yesterday. Rakitic was also worst player vs Madrid. He's also been one of the worst players of this season so far. You can try to lie by saying otherwise but people aren't that dumb to believe it.

Last edited:

xXKonan

j7S36mk.png

Arizona Scott

Rakitic single handily fucked up the end of the match for Barca, he literally gave Bilbao 2 winning chances in the last 10 mins and he can thank Ter Stegen for those incredible saves. I don't know what game you watched. He was awful in the most crucial moment and that's enough to be top 3 flops. Him, Suarez and Vidal were worst players yesterday. Rakitic was also worst player vs Madrid. He's also been one of the worst players of this season so far. You can try to lie by saying otherwise but people aren't that dumb to believe it.

If you think he has been worse than Vidal lately I would quite disagree with that. Personally I think neither should have played more than a half sunday, subbing him earlier would have taken out the last quarter of the game problem. And he was great vs Sevilla in that decisive match, not good vs Madid (but Alena was worse with the time he had). No I don't think you and many others are balanced in your evaluations of Rakitic compared to other midfielders/options (this year that would be Busi, Arthur, Vidal, Alena, last year you have on his last legs Iniesta and Paulinho). Data would show this out over the course of this season, or last season, or the year before that. But we know we would go circles around on this.

YodaMaster

If you think he has been worse than Vidal lately I would quite disagree with that. Personally I think neither should have played more than a half sunday, subbing him earlier would have taken out the last quarter of the game problem. And he was great vs Sevilla in that decisive match, not good vs Madid (but Alena was worse with the time he had). No I don't think you and many others are balanced in your evaluations of Rakitic compared to other midfielders/options (this year that would be Busi, Arthur, Vidal, Alena, last year you have on his last legs Iniesta and Paulinho). Data would show this out over the course of this season, or last season, or the year before that. But we know we would go circles around on this.

Lol dude ok I'll give you that: Rakitic has been slightly better than Barça's worst player Vidal in recent weeks. That puts Rakitic only 2nd in worst Barca player rankings (Suarez and Roberto aren't far away). Crazy performance from the blondie ! Should give him a contract extension for such achievement !

Mate no disrespect but you should go watch another sport if you're comparing Rakitic performance with Alena's performance in the last Clasico. Alena hasn't even 500 minutes of first team football in his legs. Rakitic is fucking undisputed starter since 2014 here !!!
Alena also had to play on the fucking left wing !!! Let's put Rakitic on the left wing and see how he performs there. I guarantee you that it will be even worse than RB Douglas performances !

Despite the fact that Alena played on the left wing, he still wasn't as garbage as Rakitic during El Clasico !

Leo_Messi

Haha. Priceless.:lol: Absolutely amazing.:lol: Haha.

May I be so naughty (already received a warning today for saying that there is a real rivalry, sporting obviously as well, between Croatia and Serbia and that anti-Jovic bias from Croatians here and Reddit MIGHT be due to that = was deemed to be "bigoted") to ask whose user that "wise speech" is trying to imitate?:lol:

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Haha. Priceless.:lol: Absolutely amazing.:lol: Haha.

May I be so naughty (already received a warning today for saying that there is a real rivalry, sporting obviously as well, between Croatia and Serbia and that anti-Jovic bias from Croatians here and Reddit MIGHT be due to that = was deemed to be "bigoted") to ask whose user that "wise speech" is trying to imitate?:lol:

I want to say BBZ but lately wolfe has been matching him in mental gymnastics. :valverde:

Home of Barca Fans