Neymar Jr. - v5

PSG is not about profit for Qatar ,it's about prestige and visibility. Same with City. It's just an extension of political and economic clout. These sheikh's could invest in more profitable ventures but buying a high profile club gives you publicity that couldn't be obtained elsewhere.

Publicity is just another way of making profit through marketing. Also, as you said, it is for their pride too. Which makes it more evil. Pride of a country that sponsors terrorists. It strains European football and Democratic world.

You can't deny the problems at Barcelona and the management. Many great clubs were destroyed by bad management, and that will loose you players interest also.

Nowhere in the post did I deny the bad management at Barcelona. I just asserted that a club run by Qatar government is incomparable to Barcelona or any other historical clubs that include Ajax and Liverpool irrespective of their current position.

1993Kaan1993

This seems more accurate.

:lol:

Because the legacy of playing for a team that has the history of players like Kubala, Cruyff, Maradona, Romario, Laudrup, Xavi, Iniesta and most importantly the greatest player of all time and which is a fundamental part of the freedom movement of a state throughout a century cannot be compared to the 'legacy' of playing in a mercenary team that is managed by a terrorist sponsoring oil money country which had to circumvent FFP rules in order to buy a young star player because they couldn't win even the league ranked 6th in Europe.

:lol:

Nobody cares about legacy. Do you remember Milan? Last year, Pjaca rejected Milan for Juve bench. or many players rejected them.

Statement by FC Barcelona’s vice-president of Marketing and Communication, Manel Arroyo

“Qatar Airways has helped us to make Barça bigger in recent years. The success that has accompanied the Club has partly been their work. It is a pleasure to be able to work together for another season and we hope to continue along the same lines of mutual growth”.

Spanish gover. and banks can support Barca and Real, especially Real, Qatar supported Barca for a long time, yet they can't support PSG? can we call this as hypocrisy?

you must confess that you are super jealous of PSG now just because they have a big chance to win Champions League, while Barca probably will end up with zero this season?

Gnidrologist

Having good players is not a part of legacy. Having the greatest players of all time who revolutionized football is the part of legacy.
Correction: Quite prominently by finding the balance between home grown players and foreign players who best suit the identity and system of play.
(Your statement is applicable for Real Madrid Galactico project, which indeed is a miserably failed project).
ok, but you said in previous post
Because the legacy of playing for a team that has the history of players like Kubala, Cruyff, Maradona, Romario, Laudrup, Xavi, Iniesta and most importantly the greatest player of all time
Notice how most of these players (and there are many more) are foreign bought superstars. Not many homegrown players besides Xavi and Inesta (Puyol and Busi to of course) to gush over for,when looking back on the history as a whole. That generation was lucky jackpot that happens once in the lifetime for most clubs if ever. Making that to be some kind of century old achievement is just romanticizing the past. Even Messi was brought from elsewhere although i concede that we can consider him homegrown.
Buying foreign superstars to that are supposed to lead the team has been part and parcel of this sport way back and Barca is not much of an exception. One great generation doesn't change that. In Van Gaal's time there was hardly a catalan or even spanish born player in the starting lineup.
I don't think PSG is on the same level or will ever be, but applying double standards on Barca and other clubs doing the same thing is asinine.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
PSG can win the champions league. I'd put them on the same level as Bayern or even better.

Favourites: Real Madrid
Contenders: PSG, Bayern
Outsiders: Barcelona, Atletico, Juventus

If Barcelona can buy some players they can be in the contender category but I lumped them with atletico and juventus because these are all good teams with some flaws or have been weakened/declined this summer

1993Kaan1993

Its pretty obvious that Neymar will look spectacular in a shit league with the best team.

PSG have a chance at Cl. If they have some luck and they get some easy draws I can see it happening. Their only problem will be when they face a top side. Bayern find it hard in the Cl when they face top Spanish sides. PSG will have the same problem. Slaughtering mediocre teams on a weekly basis does not prepare you for tough matches.

I find it amusing that Neymar criticised our board. The board pulled their pants down and bent over for him and he's complaining.

as if La Liga is the best league. La Liga teams knows how to defence in Europe,so they are doing well. yet La Liga has Real, Barca, A.Madrid, after them, Sevilla, Villareal and A.Bilbao as good teams. The rest are very weak. pretty much like Ligue 1.

Bayern find it hard, just because they played with the likes of Lahm, Alonso and Ribery, who are pretty much finished. They also lacked a true number 6, who can destroy attacks, instead of a player like that, they played a finished Alonso whose defensive game is zero. due to this problem, their defence is not solid at all. also bayern board is worse than Barca board. as if bayern plays well in their league. l watched some of their games last year, they were always in trouble in their league. it seems you only watch La Liga and think it's the best. :lol: btw, Rasenball Leipzig will win Bundesliga this season.

you call current Barca or A.Madrid as top team in Champions League? A.Madrid passed their peak long time ago, Barca with current Cb's fb's and midfield, at most a quarter final team, even with Dembele and Seri. if PSG doesn't stop Real, they will win another Champions League easily. PSG is also Barca's hope.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Bayern can play better this season with kimmich replacing lahm and tolisso replacing alonso. The problem is that robbery are old now.

jamrock

He as come out & hit out against the board saying they don't deserve to be in charge of Barca.

He left us like a little pussy & should have said this while here, but just shows the player probably feel the same way as the fans do.

Devils

He wouldn't have said anything yesterday if he had received his loyalty bonus.

He's only saying that shit due to his personal loss.

Neymessi

PSG can win the champions league. I'd put them on the same level as Bayern or even better.

Favourites: Real Madrid
Contenders: PSG, Bayern
Outsiders: Barcelona, Atletico, Juventus

If Barcelona can buy some players they can be in the contender category but I lumped them with atletico and juventus because these are all good teams with some flaws or have been weakened/declined this summer

No way PSG have a better chance than us. Forget about winning the CL, they haven't shown any trait of a strong european team in the CL yet.

Chong Li

[MENTION=21763]1993Kaan1993[/MENTION]

Why are you even in this forum?

You are obviously not a culer, so what's your mission in here?

Praising QSG? Ney-fanboy-ism?

Thank god there's an ignore list...

And yes, us Barca fans are soo jealous of that qatari plastic club. We all wish we had their glorious history and success.

Vauk

Banned
"History" , "legacy" you guys started to sound just like some Liverpool fan i know. Anyway it's better to make history right now than living in your past glories :shakeshead:

Home of Barca Fans