Andres Iniesta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi left at the perfect time possible. With a treble and a team looking to move forward.

I hope Iniesta realizes when he should retire and can go out with a bang like him.

aaron101

Xavi left at the perfect time possible. With a treble and a team looking to move forward.

I hope Iniesta realizes when he should retire and can go out with a bang like him.

In my opinion, Xavi should have retired with that treble. Transferring to Qatar kinda ruined the perfect story. He should have retired as a one-club player just like Totti.

Windhook

Xavi pulled a Guardiola stunt in 2015 moving to Qatar. It's no secret he wants to manage Barcelona in the future.

Iniesta so far seems to have no intention on remaining in football after his playing career is over. He is already into other ventures like his winery

khaled_a_d

In my opinion, Xavi should have retired with that treble. Transferring to Qatar kinda ruined the perfect story. He should have retired as a one-club player just like Totti.

Players don't just play for the "story" but for passion and money too.
Xavi probably didn't see himself quitting football yet, but realized his phase with Barca was over and decided to try another club somewhere else. Accepted best offer for him and his family from his own pov

Messi983

No, he's already signed a renewal. :bartomeu:

Anyway, I was just saying that people wouldn't be happy if he'd have Iniesta like contract when he could decide after every season to leave for free if he'd want that.

El Flaco

[tw]918820153084796929[/tw]

[tw]918737166729187330[/tw]

[tw]918503924121956352[/tw]

[tw]918229987517452288[/tw]

Quotes from Barcastuff_, FC Barcelona Fl‏ & Catalan Edition‏

- Iniesta: "I hope to continue for more years. The intention is to continue taking care, training, playing well, and have enthusiasm."

- Iniesta: "I don't want to think about tomorrow, just today. I want to make the most of it and then we'll see at the end of each season."

- Iniesta: "During the negotiation, not everything has gone in the same direction. I like being the protagonist of my own things." [rac1]

- Iniesta (contract): "I understand that when you just hear the headline then it can draw a lot of attention, but it isn't quite like that."

- Iniesta: "The contract is a football one and I'm not tied to the club when I retire."

- Iniesta: "That wouldn't make sense as other factors will determine what happens at a certain time."

- Iniesta: "I thank the club for their support, but we can assess what will happen each year as we go on."

- Iniesta: "At this point, I'm completely happy."

- Iniesta (Catalonia referendum): "I think that it has now reached a point that isn't good."

- Iniesta: "If I had the solution I would say it, but I don't. It's very complicated, but the politicians & people in power have to solve it."

- Iniesta: "I can't suggest how to fix things. For me, it is difficult to imagine how anyone could be comfortable with what is happening."

- Iniesta: "I'll always be of the opinion that the more you play, the better you'd be in sense that you reach an optimum point & feel good."

- Iniesta: "This year, I've had some setbacks and there have been tough times, but I continue to be positive about things." [cat radio]

- Iniesta: "I talk to Valverde on a daily basis, but we haven't discussed that kind of management (of my playing time)" #fcblive [cat radio]

- Iniesta: "I don't think that being 33 years old means I can't play as many games" #fcblive [cat radio]

- Iniesta: "I'm aware that (playing at 33) isn't the same as being 28, but the important thing is that I feel good" #fcblive

- Iniesta: "I don't think I'll be a coach (after retiring). What I'd like to do is stay connected with football world & I hope it is at Barça"

- Iniesta: "I do find it difficult to visualise myself as a coach or SD. I'm just focused on being at my best now so that I can play tomorrow"

- Iniesta: "I am on track to recover from my injury and in the next 2 days we'll see how everything is, I hope that I feel good & included."

- Iniesta (Game vs Atletico this weekend): "It is going to be a game with a lot of factors."

- Iniesta: "We're coming back from the Intl break & playing against a team who always give 200% so it will be a good game for us to enjoy."

- Iniesta: "We need to be at our best. We want to put in a great performance in order to keep the gap between us in the table."

FinBarcelonafan

He might be on his last legs, but he is the only one with creativity on midfield (other than Busquests brilliant defensive plays and controlling the ball). We need him badly and without him we would have no build-up plays. This midfield needs big upgrade when it comes to creativity.

Home of Barca Fans