Copa semis: Villarreal-Barca 1-3 (2-6 agg.)

Bucky

Penya Member
Depends on the terms on how you left the club too. Rakitic was more involved at Sevilla than JDS was for Barça.

Nah, I don't think Pogba is the right move, it's a tough decision but not confident that he, Pogba, would be the right fit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Depends on the terms on how you left the club too. Rakitic was more involved at Sevilla than JDS was for Barça.

Nah, I don't think Pogba is the right move, it's a tough decision but not confident that he, Pogba, would be the right fit.

I think in the current setup, Pogba in Don Andres role would fit in very well.

Verratti is not coming so if we want an established player who can make a difference from the first day then I guess it's either Pogba or Gundogan or Koke, but he also seem impossible to get, he already rejected us this summer to stay at the team in his heart, Atletico Madrid.

Bucky

Penya Member
Yeah that was quite gutting when I heard about Koke - was high on my list.

A lot of clubs after Pogba though and what with the transfer ban... =S

J

Jamie Cal

Rakitic didn't when he scored against Sevilla, that's called staying classy

Nah, I disagree. One of these things that football fans have told themselves matters. They're professional footballers at the end of the day.

Asylum15

Yeah that was quite gutting when I heard about Koke - was high on my list.

A lot of clubs after Pogba though and what with the transfer ban... =S

Obviously there are variables to a potential transfer of Pogba:

1. Price
2. Pull
3. How he fits.

For me,

1. He'll cost an arm and a leg, probably Suarez type money again. Here's my issue with that. Are we more and more becoming less about our youth setup and just becoming another money spending team like Real? We wouldn't have Xavi, Iniesta, Leo etc if they weren't thrown in the deep end.

2. I think he'd like to play here, with our style, and presence. If we win the CL this year, it'd be a no brainer.

3. I think he'd add a lot of mobility to the team, he'd have the technical ability to play in small spaces, he'd add a lot more GOALS to the midfield, and he'd add some much needed height for appropriate scenarios.

EDIT: I don't think the ban is an issue. We can REGISTER a player, and he can train, but we can't officially sign him until next January, if I'm not mistaken?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Obviously there are variables to a potential transfer of Pogba:

1. Price
2. Pull
3. How he fits.

For me,

1. He'll cost an arm and a leg, probably Suarez type money again. Here's my issue with that. Are we more and more becoming less about our youth setup and just becoming another money spending team like Real? We wouldn't have Xavi, Iniesta, Leo etc if they weren't thrown in the deep end.

2. I think he'd like to play here, with our style, and presence. If we win the CL this year, it'd be a no brainer.

3. I think he'd add a lot of mobility to the team, he'd have the technical ability to play in small spaces, he'd add a lot more GOALS to the midfield, and he'd add some much needed height for appropriate scenarios.

EDIT: I don't think the ban is an issue. We can REGISTER a player, and he can train, but we can't officially sign him until next January, if I'm not mistaken?

We can sign a player, but not register him. So in other words, that player will remain at his team, FC Barcelona will reach an agreement with his team and put pen on paper, but that transfer cannot officially go through until we can register the player through FIFA, which can only happen once the transfer ban ends.

Gnidrologist

What about leaching of Barcelona for years and being our best paid spectator, he should be extremely grateful.
Hate it when players act like that, Villa was dead to me as a Barca player the moment he acted like Adebayor when he scored for Atletico and JDS is now as well. Selfish pricks.
Huh? It was Barca, who recruited him and left ''leeching as a spectator''. For your information football clubs don't recruit young players out of selfless urge to help young men get a job and build career, but 100% in their own interest. He owes nothing. I can only understand if some fans get upset, when a club veteran, who has given many years of service shows no artificial remorse after scoring against them, so Villa disqualifies too, because he was already established player, whom Barca ''stole'' from Valencia, only club, which he should pay respects to.

raskolnikov

Huh? It was Barca, who recruited him and left ''leeching as a spectator''. For your information football clubs don't recruit young players out of selfless urge to help young men get a job and build career, but 100% in their own interest. He owes nothing. I can only understand if some fans get upset, when a club veteran, who has given many years of service shows no artificial remorse after scoring against them, so Villa disqualifies too, because he was already established player, whom Barca ''stole'' from Valencia, only club, which he should pay respects to.
Barca tried to get rid of Jds plenty of times but he Always wanted to stay for selfish reasons. In Villa's case look what Barca did for him after his injury, yet he acts ungrateful.
In a few cases its justified imo, Rivaldo/Thiago type situations but 9/10 players pulling an Adebayor are disrespectful scum.

JamDav1982

Barca tried to get rid of Jds plenty of times but he Always wanted to stay for selfish reasons. In Villa's case look what Barca did for him after his injury, yet he acts ungrateful.
In a few cases its justified imo, Rivaldo/Thiago type situations but 9/10 players pulling an Adebayor are disrespectful scum.

Totally disagree.

I hate this fake thing of players not celebrating against former clubs. Fair enough if you have relegated that team or something but there is nothing disrespectful in it.

raskolnikov

Totally disagree.

I hate this fake thing of players not celebrating against former clubs. Fair enough if you have relegated that team or something but there is nothing disrespectful in it.

Depends on the situation but in most of the time its disrespectful to me, agree to disagree I guess.

JamDav1982

Depends on the situation but in most of the time its disrespectful to me, agree to disagree I guess.

Adebayor was disrespectful but thats because he ran the length of the pitch to slide on his kneed and taunt the Arsenal fans.

Villa and Dos Santos had their time at Barca and it ended with them going to smaller clubs and it is a big moment for those clubs to score against Barca and something for them to celebrate.

Calling them 'scum' for doing that is way over the top.

Gnidrologist

Barca tried to get rid of Jds plenty of times but he Always wanted to stay for selfish reasons.
:lol: Oh my! Poor Barca couldn't get rid of menacing little mexican. Sounds legit. They also can't seem to get rid of Sergi Roberto, who also never plays, but gets extension for next 4 years.. That scum probably has pictures of Bartomeo shagging a hooker or something.
In Villa's case look what Barca did for him after his injury, yet he acts ungrateful.
What did Barca do to him that other club wouldn't? He gave Barca his all couple of years he played for it. It's not his fault he got injured.
There is nothing disrespectful in showing joy after scoring against former team to begin with, even if you're that club's legend. It's only disrespectful if you celebrate in a disrespectful way, that's it.

F

Flavia

Adebayor was disrespectful but thats because he ran the length of the pitch to slide on his kneed and taunt the Arsenal fans.

Villa and Dos Santos had their time at Barca and it ended with them going to smaller clubs and it is a big moment for those clubs to score against Barca and something for them to celebrate.

Calling them 'scum' for doing that is way over the top.

I have to agree with jamdav here. He was trying to motivate his team mates too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We won against strong opponent tonight. I'd like us to have more control but I'd sooner take the result.
I don't think it's all by Lucho's design either. Iniesta has become shadow of himself and it's gonna show in any setup.

Also, considering Messi's been bad tonight, this result holds even more weight.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

JDS displayed loyalty for far longer than he should have at his own expense. Got literally no minutes as well. I'm sure he has good memories of his time at Barca but his home is at Villarreal and he's not obligated to tiptoe around us. He's not sending a message to Barca by celebrating or trying to be passive-aggressive, he's just expressing his joy for his new team where he feels like he belongs.

Home of Barca Fans