11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You don't need a tutor to be a professional. He has been warned multiple times even by his NT coach about his careless attitude. He can see how someone he was compared to in Mbappe is and how ambitious and hard working he is.

Joan

What a tutor could teach him? Not to be late? Or to fight harder on the pitch? Not saying he's 'hopeless', but don't think a tutor would help.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Malcom does well and meshes with the team better and fights and puts it all out there on the pitch which he definitely can, then he's screwed and that despite Valverde ignoring Malcom and giving Dembele several chances to lock his place.

He cannot even do the basics right which a coach shouldn't need to tell him. We all know he's talented, but you can only get so far relying completely on your talent and not working hard enough.

Last edited:

PhilS

For the size of the investment the team has in Dembele, you'd think the team would hire someone to help the young man show up to work, help him learn the language, teach him how to be a grownup.

Selling him would lock in an enormous loss, I don't know if it would to 50M euros or double that. Continuing to try to develop him could be the better way to go.

xXKonan

He'll be at Crystal Palace in a few years imo.
He may not be doing well right now but there's no way he will end up at a team like Crystal Palace in a few years.

Considering what he brought to the table at Dortmund you know if he leaves the team it will likely be for Liverpool. Because Klopp himself is a huge fan of Dembele.

Morten

Messi is not the right guy to teach profesionalism. He is the captain and not very vocal. Someone like Alba, Raki, Bob or Busi should be his tutor. If this doesn't work, sell him at the end of the season.

Messi is very professional though, who would say otherwise? He may not be very vocal, but he knows how to take care of himself, stay focused and get ready for games.

xXKonan

For me, Valverde isn't quite the manager to deal with someone like Dembele.

Valverde works pretty well-grounded players such as Arthur etc, but with Guys like Dembele who are wilder and have some discipline issues, you will need a coach who knows how to put the fear in god into him like someone like Klopp or even Pep.

I think even Lucho might be a better fit to handle Dembele as well than Valverde.

Messigician

Valverde works pretty well-grounded players such as Arthur etc, but with Guys like Dembele who are wilder and have some discipline issues, you will need a coach who knows how to put the fear in god into him like someone like Klopp or even Pep.

I think even Lucho might be a better fit to handle Dembele as well than Valverde.

Lucho is doing so good with Alba lmao

xXKonan

Lucho is doing so good with Alba lmao
Well to be fair my post isn't really a negative thing with Valverde. It's just some coaches aren't really suited for certain players and behaviors.

Dembele is talented but clearly, he has some issues that someone that is willing to lay down the hammer onto him for him to get his shit together. If anything I think Malcom is more of a Valverde player than Dembele is by a good distance at the moment.

xXKonan

Odd reading the thread in the last few days.
Welcome to the Barca forum which will always have people disagreeing with each other.

If you thought the Dembele stuff was wild, The Neymar threads were something else and one even got completely deleted at one point. :lol:

jairzinho

Someone needs to sit down with this kid and explain to him the way he’s heading and the direction the club is heading. 2 different directions. Pretty much he’s on his way out the door if he doesn’t get his act together. Hugely talented player but he’s starting to remind me of a younger Balotelli.

Joan

Welcome to the Barca forum which will always have people disagreeing with each other.

If you thought the Dembele stuff was wild, The Neymar threads were something else and one even got completely deleted at one point. :lol:

:lol: that's what I'd expect. But all of a sudden the whole board has turned against him, not only the usual suspects. That's why I say it's odd.

khaled_a_d

He may not be doing well right now but there's no way he will end up at a team like Crystal Palace in a few years.

Considering what he brought to the table at Dortmund you know if he leaves the team it will likely be for Liverpool. Because Klopp himself is a huge fan of Dembele.

I think he meant the club after next for him

Eh,Pep has kicked Dos Santos once he arrived, he didn't tolerate Hleb or Ibra more than a year either. All had sort of attitude problems too.
Pep is kind of "My way or the highway" type of coach, and you are suggesting that this kind of coach is better for Dembele? Well if it is lack of fear/respect for Dembele then may be,but for many of those careless guys it will be more chaotic than that.
I said it several times, if this attitude problems are real, then Pep would have never tolerate Dembele as much as people think. This one is on him not on coach no matter how bad EV is.

Home of Barca Fans