11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Andresito

Staff member
From Valverde's press conference:

“The decision to leave Dembélé out isn’t a punishment on the player.
Sometimes people have to be left out.
He’s been a headliner in other games but this week he isn’t going to be called up.”

“Dembélé is a great player and we hope to see the best of him here.
I don’t want to say much more on the subject.”

Barcilliant

He’s been a headliner in other games but this week he isn’t going to be called up.”

This fucker Valverde should run for office. He's a politician not a man who can take the club through a difficult transitional period.

shadows

Every time he gets a chance on field, he somehow seems to find a way to fuck it up with his questionable off field attitude... I think EV is perfectly within his limits to do what he has done here... Of course, it could also be that he is genuinely not well and is left out for medical reasons..but my guess is his repeated bad attitude has kept him out this time...

soul24rage

Feel that he's dropped for his attitude. If he was not well, EV would have simply said that that he was dropped because he was ill, not because of whatever nonsense of being a headliner and having to be left out. Would have been less controversial.

FCBfan22

It's disciplinary.

This bullshit that EV said to the press strongly suggests that. I mean, Rakitić has been a headliner for 3 months now without rest...

FinBarcelonafan

Every time he gets a chance on field, he somehow seems to find a way to fuck it up with his questionable off field attitude... I think EV is perfectly within his limits to do what he has done here... Of course, it could also be that he is genuinely not well and is left out for medical reasons..but my guess is his repeated bad attitude has kept him out this time...

Well said. I am getting sick of his attitude. He won't go far with this attitude any way.

jairzinho

Apart from the mental issues, attitude etc, he also has some technical issues to address. His decision making in the final third is erratic. Sometimes he has good moments and other times he makes the wrong decisions and loses the ball. Typical of many young players. I’m still convinced he can develop into a quality player but whether we have the patience to continue working with him is a decision the club has to make.

Vision, awareness, knowing when to dribble or pass, using his pace to exploit spaces in the defence are areas when he can improve.

Last edited:

Raketa10

It's disciplinary for sure. This decision is probably connected with that gastroenteritis problem. Apparently no one from the club knew where he was. I support Valverde on this 100%. I like Dembele and I am defending him all of the time but something was going on for sure. Demebele is apparently still a child in his head and it looks like Valverde made a right decision this time. He needs to grow up and start behaving like a true professional because talent alone is definitely not enough if he wants to become a world class player. If he keeps up doing shit like this he will be sold next summer.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

He needs to decide if he wants to be a professional footballer in one of the biggest clubs in the world and act like it. He got his warning with being dropped from the squad. Now it's time for him to change. If he doesn't, he should be sold in the summer.

Raketa10

He needs to decide if he wants to be a professional footballer in one of the biggest clubs in the world and act like it. He got his warning with being dropped from the squad. Now it's time for him to change. If he doesn't, he should be sold in the summer.

Agree. As I said before we'll know for sure until the end of this season will he succeed here or not. If he keeps on acting like a child the club won't tolerate him much longer. I am fine with him making some mistakes on the field as long as he tries and keeps on learning and improving but unprofessional behavior should not be tolerated at any point.

The biggest problem from my point of view is the fact that he wasn't abble to learn Spanish for one and a half years. I honestly can't understand that. WTF?! He needs to start working on that ASAP! If he can't talk he can't understand Valverde and he can't socialize with his teammates. As a consequence he won't be able to fully adapt even if he starts acting like a true professional.

Last edited:

Kul_z

That should've been done. Also get him a senior player as a tutor (not Pique). If he can't change his ways, he should be sold.
You're playing and you're in training with messi. A lot of players would sell their skin for that alone. Barcelona is best city in europe to live in, beautiful weather all year long, a lot of things to do.
If that is not enough, you're either homesick or an idiot. Nothing else really.

FCBfan22

You're playing and you're in training with messi. A lot of players would sell their skin for that alone. Barcelona is best city in europe to live in, beautiful weather all year long, a lot of things to do.
If that is not enough, you're either homesick or an idiot. Nothing else really.

Messi is not the right guy to teach profesionalism. He is the captain and not very vocal. Someone like Alba, Raki, Bob or Busi should be his tutor. If this doesn't work, sell him at the end of the season.

Home of Barca Fans