11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Some are saying he had a mixed performance but I thought he was simply poor tonight. Doesn't have a real structured approach to attack the goal, and the lack of that really showed in contrast to Malcom who played it by the book and in a polished way.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
People were complaying that he played like shit despite grabbing goals. Today he played well, but did not register any goals or assists. I think he can definitely build on from this game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His positional play is managers decision not his. Malcom is completely diferent player, more direct but also more one-dimensional type of player. They both did good today and we should have won comfortably if we haven't missed all those chances. Many of you are just overreacting as usual.

I've supported Dembele for a long time and I'm not needlessly hating on him. Just scroll through this thread.

But in my opinion he was just mediocre today. You can blame the coach for his lack of development, but his decision making and nonchalant/lazy attitude is NOT on the manager. I doubt he was instructed to not make any runs that could open up space for Suarez and Coutinho or open up a passing lane for himself.

Players ought to be held accountable too.

kattanib

I've supported Dembele for a long time and I'm not needlessly hating on him. Just scroll through this thread.

But in my opinion he was just mediocre today. You can blame the coach for his lack of development, but his decision making and nonchalant/lazy attitude is NOT on the manager. I doubt he was instructed to not make any runs that could open up space for Suarez and Coutinho or open up a passing lane for himself.

You don’t have to justify your opinions

Porque

I liked Dembele's game today. Not everything come off but he was more integrated in the teams plan than usual. Also worked well off the ball.

Raketa10

When was he lazy today? He played defense, he was covering space, running, did well in attack. Some of you just expect too much from him. He played for team today and IMHO that showed he is trying to learn our way of playing. He did well.

EdmondDantes

You can tell he's a mercurial talent, one that should be rivaling Mbappe but his decision making when he starts games lets him down for portions of the match.

He's not there yet but he will be.

khaled_a_d

He also had several chances of making a run behind the defence on counters or 3v4 situations and ran into Suarez' space instead.

Or just waited until he receives the ball, this one of the things I noticed lately and pisses me a lot.
He has the speed, but he never made those runs behind the defense when we make a counter attack, Suarez is very slow in comparison and yet he benefits a lot from making those runs.
For someone who many argue that he is more suited for counterattacking game, this is huge problem

Home of Barca Fans