Ibrahim Afellay

kiki#8

After today Thiago performance, I think that there is no need for Afellay. I like him as a player, but no, let's give Thiago some minutes

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Please no Fabregas. 40 million + massive wages for an injury prone midfielder, no thanks. Afellay as a squad player would be perfect, will cost next to nothing and plenty of room for Thiago to break in.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Why do I still get the feeling that even if we go for Afellay the board will still chase Cesc in the summer......

Warik

I find it funny that people think a performance against a shit team means Thiago is fantastic and Afellay no longer needed, tbh. Thiago is a great player, but the opposition he was playing against was below the level of opposition he would play in the B team.

Daemul

I find it funny that people think a performance against a shit team means Thiago is fantastic and Afellay no longer needed, tbh. Thiago is a great player, but the opposition he was playing against was below the level of opposition he would play in the B team.

I agree, Afellay is still needed, Thiago will become our most important player after Messi but not now.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
After today Thiago performance, I think that there is no need for Afellay. I like him as a player, but no, let's give Thiago some minutes

Fabregas on summer. And thats it.

What is it that you want? Thiago getting more minutes or Fabregas get back to Barcelona!? If it's both then just forget it, Fabregas ain't gonna allow Thiago to have many minutes. But in the case of Afellay he might not prove much hindrance because he can cut it even from wings!!

I'd also like to add that we shouldn't get carried away from Thiago's performance yesterday. I know I'll receive a lot of stick for saying that but come on Ceuta isn't much of an opposition and our lads actually play teams much better than them in the Segunda lately anyway!! No I'm not saying Thiago isn't quality, only that he shouldn't be hurried. Guardiola and even Lucho seem to be of the same opinion, although the latter might have his own hidden agenda...;) I mean how many would like to lose out on such a special talent :p

And finally to those of the opinion that Fabregas is injury-prone... He just played his 200th game for Arsenal in the Premier League. That is some huge number of games for a 23 year old! His injuries keep recurring only because Arsenal have to always rush him back from injury. If that's checked he wouldn't spend as much time on the injury table like he does lately... just saying

Last edited:

Daemul

What is it that you want? Thiago getting more minutes or Fabregas get back to Barcelona!? If it's both then just forget it, Fabregas ain't gonna allow Thiago to have many minutes. But in the case of Afellay he might not prove much hindrance because he can cut it even from wings!!

I'd also like to add that we shouldn't get carried away from Thiago's performance yesterday. I know I'll receive a lot of stick for saying that but come on Ceuta isn't much of an opposition and our lads actually play teams even better than them in the Segunda lately anyway!! No I'm not saying Thiago's isn't quality, only that he shouldn't be hurried. Guardiola and even Lucho seem to be of the same opinion, although the latter might have his own hidden agenda...;) I mean how many would like to lose out on such a special talent :p

And finally to those of the opinion that Fabregas is injury-prone... He just played his 200th game for Arsenal in the Premier League. That is some huge number of games for a 23 year old! His injuries keep recurring only because Arsenal have to always rush him back from injury. If that's checked he wouldn't spend as much time on the injury table like he does lately... just saying

Agreed, Afellay can play out wide and down the middle so he would be perfect whilst Cesc plays the Xavi role. Thiago has much more of a chance with Afellay then with Cesc

Barcilliant

Afellay is scoring and looking flash in the DUTCH league. Fuck man-look at the marking and defence-poor to non-existent. Even Kezman looked like Messi in the Dutch League!

Last edited:

Daemul

Afellay is scoring and looking flash in the DUTCH league. Fuck man-look at the marking and defence-poor to non-existant. Even Kezman looked like Messi in the Ducth League!

Van Nistelrooy? Sniejder? Van der Vaart? Kung-Fu De Jong? Robben? All came up throught the Eredivisie and are class.

Panna

The deal is almost made.Barça wants Affelay in the winter,he will cost between the 2 and 4 million euro.

Home of Barca Fans