Fati or Neymar?

Fati or Neymar?

• Total voters

FinBarcelonafan

Bet on the kid, sell off any some players and use funds to reinforce other areas of the team.

170 Million is too much money to be wasted on a single player when we still need to replace certain players.

Exactly. We might need to replace Semedo, certainly one CB, one midfielder(Busi), one striker etc. We need a lot of help.

serghei

False dilemma.

We should buy another player instead of Neymar. I'd rather go for Sancho from Dortmund, who is versatile and can play on both wings. Once Fati is ready, we ball with Sancho and Fati on the sides.

Take the 150m. and pay the money for Sancho. And with some luck you are set for a decade of football with two explosive hard working wingers on each side.

Neymar at this point in time is such a dumb move.

So, in a way, you are right, because Fati is not ready yet as a clear full time starter, and we still need a LW for 2 seasons or so until he is ready. So it should be Neymar vs someone else as a transfer we should make.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

We should buy another player instead of Neymar. I'd rather go for Sancho from Dortmund, who is versatile and can play on both wings. Once Fati is ready, we ball with Sancho and Fati on the sides.

Take the 150m. and pay the money for Sancho. And with some luck you are set for a decade of football with two explosive hard working wingers on each side.

So, in a way, you are right, because Fati is not ready yet as a clear full time starter, and we still need a LW for 2 seasons or so until he is ready. So it should be Neymar vs someone else as a transfer we should make.

This board is not thinking rationally. I think they will go for Neymar, which is a mistake. We need to go for Mbappe or someone else. Mbappe would be much bigger need now anyways.

We don't need old Neymar. We need the guy who was hungry to succeed here.

devo901

I do not know the financial situation of barcas books. But maybe the decision-makers care less, than we think. They even want big names just to sell broadcast rights to Asia. Or think of merchandising... You cant do all that, with a good badly needed CB, a good semedo replacement and so on... Never seen anyone in a Barca Shirt with SEMEDO on the back :lol: Invensting 170 in 3 good players makes more sense than for wako-party-neymar, despite all his excellent skills, but Neymar might be a stear up of team-dynamics .... and he is not a team-leader but more like a star/diva. However I enjoy his dribblings a lot!

FC B

In a perfect world we could keep FDJ , Arthur and Fati sell ALL the rest and buy the Liverpool first eleven ..
Sorted

Unless you'd also buy Klopp you'd achieve shit, it's not about their players but about their coach who selected, trained, motivated and made them who they are as players both on psychological and sporting terms, that's why they play like that not because of their intrinsic / natural value they have.

FC B

Fati but not because he is better atm but because he is much younger and costs so much less with so much little risk involved. True he might never reach the level of Neymar but you have take all the parameters into account.

Donatello

as you said now neymar - in 2 years (IF neymar plays that long) Fati then is 18 and physically further developed. Seeing Fati thrown against rough 30 year old defender veterans hurts me these days... tbh....

So, you're willing to spend nearly 200M on Neymar for 2 years of service. Wow.

Donatello

We have too many winger/creater type of players, Sancho will be another one of the same type. Instead what we lack is a finisher, someone who can score 30+ goals consistently. Its not evident now because we still have Messi and Suarez, once they're gone we would have no tailisman. I don't count Griezz/Neymar because he they're not a long term replacement. Instead we should already start looking around so that we have ample time to find one, while the veterans are still around for the time being.

Last edited:

Rory

This next summer transfer window is probably the biggest in the past decade for us. Might actually get back a large portion of the coutinho money if he keeps performing. Suarez should be pushed out (frees up wage money). Pique needs to be at the very least seriously challenged for his starting position. Rakitic/vidal off the books. Our budget could be huge. As well as a new manager coming in we need multiple top quality additions. Buying Neymar ruins all of that. It's not just a question of Neymar or Fati, it's Neymar or the future of the club.

Home of Barca Fans