Neymar Jr. - v5

JamDav1982

i should of said before, i didnt mean for the freekick. on another forum i saw some of the goals and its shocking

also no way is la liga weak like ligue 1 :lol:

Not any worse than likes of Eibar or many other Barca games that never gets called on.

Dont think was as bad as you are saying anyway.

Givenchy

Not any worse than likes of Eibar or many other Barca games that never gets called on.

Dont think was as bad as you are saying anyway.

but Eibar aren't 3rd in la liga. la liga is also head to head, i bet if goal difference counted we'd see less 5-0s etc

anyway not taking anything away from Neymar, hes started brilliantly

JamDav1982

but Eibar aren't 3rd in la liga. la liga is also head to head, i bet if goal difference counted we'd see less 5-0s etc

The first goal is a great move folk would be purring about if Barca scored it. Neymars free kick was class.

Goals are not counted and defending is fucking awful in La Liga at times as it is in all leagues.

Hear all the time about shite defending when Messi scores if folk dont like him. This is just the same thing.

Total-Football

psg the best team in europe on paper, hope they play real madrid, they suffocated them with a team half this good. neymar has a shot at the ballon d or and i think he is the world best right now. his consistency and his hunger are real.

Julien

psg the best team in europe on paper, hope they play real madrid, they suffocated them with a team half this good. neymar has a shot at the ballon d or and i think he is the world best right now. his consistency and his hunger are real.
Shot at the ballon d'or?

Not if Messi stays as good as he is now. No chance.

Gaudi

They are contanders...again if there was some "higher justice" they would fail but money CAN buy you everything including CL

Julien

If Messi doesnt do much in CL knockouts and Neymar wins it with PSG he will beat him to balon dor or go very close.

It is already hard to get it from Messi, and Ronaldo. See Ribery.

But if Messi is that good, even if we don't win the CL but reach the semis, I don't see Neymar getting it even if PSG wins the CL.

Not only Brazil votes. And people love Messi, and Ronaldo.

So far this season Messi is the best one.

mark1nhu

Messi still is the best one. Let's not kid ourselves.

Buuuuuuut... going to PSG already looks like a good decision if his main focus is the BDOR. His performances and stats have been stellar, so he is closer to Messi and Ronaldo in the BDOR than before, imho.

Kohe321

The calculation is simple: if Barca wins the CL it is overwhelmingly likely that Messi takes the Ballon d'Or, even with Neymar still in the team. Likewise it is overwhelmingly likely that Ronaldo takes it if Madrid wins, even if Neymar was there along side him. So if he wants the Ballon d'Or, he needs to be the star of his own team and go on to win the CL with it. So if PSG win the CL this season, it is almost a given that Neymar wins it in 2018/19.

For him to be the king of a team was obviously the main motivation for him leaving Barca. Funny thing about the Ballon d'Or, though, is that it's about as prestigious as a used McDonalds napkin at this point. It has become a media driven circle-jerk of hype that results in a trophy being given to the player we're supposed to believe is the best in the world for that year. It is completely void of any meaning.

Messi should just donate his awards away for charity. Sure, sometimes when he won it did reflect the fact that he was the best player that year, but this wasn't determined by him winning the award, more so him winning just happened to align with the truth that year.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Imagine PSG winning the CL with Neymar being the leading star and finally getting the Balon d'Or trophy he wants....only for Messi to lead Argentina to the WC title :lol:

Would be the best troll job ever.

Now obviously Argentina gotta qualify first which might not happen :pep:

Horatio

You're welcome
Imagine PSG winning the CL with Neymar being the leading star and finally getting the Balon d'Or trophy he wants....only for Messi to lead Argentina to the WC title :lol:

Would be the best troll job ever.

Now obviously Argentina gotta qualify first which might not happen :pep:

Impossible scenario. As Messi leading Argentina to WC title would win him Balon d'Or.

Home of Barca Fans