CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

FinBarcelonafan

That's too dangerous, if we lose and Atletico gets too close we'll be wasting even more energy in La Liga and won't be able to rest players. Some tough decisions for Valverde here, but I think resting only Iniesta, Pique, Messi and Roberto would be enough. I would go with this line-up:

Mats
Semedo-Mina-Umtiti-Alba
Rakitic-Busi-Paulinho
Dembele-Suarez-Coutinho

Rakitic/Alba/Busi/Suarez would be dead tired vs Chelsea. Jeez this sucks..

serghei

Anelka tripped because he was running like a drunk person towards that ball. Abidal did not do anything to foul him. No gesture whatsoever.

FCBfan22

3-0 against Pardew with a pretty shit performance. This is not WC form by any means.

Hazard is the one to stop, though (as if we haven't known that before).

wisconsincule

I hope we hammer them. They looked pretty bang average against the worst team in the Premier League today. Shut down Hazard and I like our chances. They will prolly sit back and try to counter. Give me a 1-0 win and they will have to come after us at the Nou Camp where we wil really finish them off.

FC B

it will be a very tactical match.
Conte is very good at preparing a match tactically. But this year we also have a very good coach with regard to tactics.
I think that both teams will play very conservative without taking risks.
Chelsea will play more in order not to concede a goal than in order to score a goal, speculating on a defensive error or a goal from a corner.

Nonetheless Barca must score at least once on Stamford Bridge if they want to have a good chance to get past Chelshit..

Last edited:

Altomonte

I'm just wondering if we tried to reschedule the Eibar match for Friday. Girona will play Leganes on Friday, so why can't La Liga do us a favor and let us play Eibar on Friday, to give our players the 3 days of rest that Chelsea is getting?
The Eibar Stadium is so small - I'm sure Eibar won't suffer a big drop in attendance.
Did our club try to convince La Liga and Eibar to reschedule and was turned down, or did we never consider this option?
What will happen next Tuesday reminds me too much of the preparation of our PSG AWAY game last year, where we arrived tired and played badly.
I have not seen a scientific study but am convinced that individual and team performances after 2 days of rest (+ travel) differ significantly from performances after 3 days rest. That includes the risk to suffer injuries.

Hazard

I cannot overstate just how bad a team they are. They're easily the most defensive big team around & are utterly reliant on Hazard to do everything. Dominate the ball like we should, deny Hazard from getting it & they'll offer no threat.

Their defense isn't that great against big teams. Azpilicueta & Christensen are very good but their wingbacks & Cahill can be exposed. They also lack protection in midfield because Bakayoko is awful & Cesc is the slowest player in the World.

This is definitely the year Leo will end his drought against them. Can see us putting 3 past them at Stamford Bridge.

Givenchy

I hope we hammer them. They looked pretty bang average against the worst team in the Premier League today. Shut down Hazard and I like our chances. They will prolly sit back and try to counter. Give me a 1-0 win and they will have to come after us at the Nou Camp where we wil really finish them off.

when was the last time we hammered a top team though? hopefully we put 2-3 past them at the Bridge with no reply. weirdly im confident in our defence but its the attack i worry about

Home of Barca Fans