Thiago Alcantara

Indignado

I don't know why you want to keep him with that attitude. Compare to iniesta who was patient when getting into the first team. He can fuck off for all I care. It's not his god given right to Play you know. He should wait like everyone else.

If we let every player go who's not as patient as Iniesta we'll lose important players every year. It's what Arsenal's been doing the past few years and look at their downfall.

Not to mention a lot of people here (myself included) weren't even Barca fans when Puyol & Xavi were trying to break into the first team.

Yes loyalty is nice but his job is to play, if he's not able to do his job then no wonder he feels this way, if it's true. I'd be mega pissed if he was treated well & got regular playing time here but wanted to leave for more money or glory or something like that. And I'd be mega pissed if he went to Madrid. But right now I don't blame him for anything. The club dropped the ball here.

Very good comment

Last edited:

Stric

Well Barca can always add a buyback clause right? That would probably be the best thing, but I doubt United would want that and as soon as they get him they will most likely raise his buyout to high amounts that Barca will probably lose him for good

You can only add a buyback clause if you're negotiating a transfer. If someone's buying out his contract, then you have no say in it.

Unbiased United

I understand that United have more of a current need for him but selling him would be a horrible decision for Barca. That being said I'm not saying he's the devil for wanting to go because he is an ambitious player. I'm more neutral on this. Understanding of Thiago's position and mentality, but wishing he would stay and realize that he just needs the slightest bit of patience right now to go on to do great things at a club that is his home. He shouldn't be content with being a bench player, but a transfer so quickly wouldn't be wise either.

Of course I understand where you are coming from. It must be very frustrating especially knowing the price you could lose him for, and I think there will be a lot of aggrieved fans on here next season if Xavi starts to slow down or Fabregas doesn't step up.

M

mitkoa7x

mfw Thiago leaves us and goes to MU
8p10n.gif

no way

King Leo

Banned
In an parallel universe... Thiago goes to Byern to be looked after by Pep. Rosell's plans fall apart in a couple years and before him Tito is gone, Laporta becomes president highers Pep after the Germans give up on the new coach who doesn't get them the big trophies, and along with Pep Thiago is brought back just when Xavi retires.

In an parallel universe... Thiago goes to Byern to be looked after by Pep. Rosell's plans fall apart in a couple years and before him Tito is gone, Laporta becomes president highers Pep after the Germans give up on the new coach who doesn't get them the big trophies, and along with Pep Thiago is brought back just when Xavi retires.

Ah.... a man can always dream :lol:

I think Pep returning is the only thing that's worth losing Thiago (albeit temporarily) for :lol:

I think there will be a lot of aggrieved fans on here next season if Xavi starts to slow down or Fabregas doesn't step up.

IF Thiago leaves.

Ursegor

World Champion
If he joins United it would hardly be a crazy decision like some would have you believe. Don't get me wrong United fans were just as bad with Pogba, but these players owe the teams nothing, if he turned out to not live up to his promise then Barca wouldn't think twice about selling him on.

The Pogba reference is not quite fitting though. Pogba didn't get game time at all because Fergie was busy getting 60 year old Scholes back from retirement. Thiago has had over 100 caps in 2 seasons, despite suffering a ligament injury, in a squad with Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas in midfield. Now he believes he has better chances to make it to Brazil by playing more somewhere else but he's not going to get called up for the World Cup next year by playing for Manchester United. That's a guarantee. Spain's system = Barca's system. If he can't compete at Barca and decides to run away why would del Bosque nominate him for Spain?

numero

Catalonia Radio :FCB's stand on thiago - "Thiago is valued and will have the first team position for sure , but in time. He has to be patient. Rest is his decision."

Catalonia Radio :FCB's stand on thiago - "Thiago is valued and will have the first team position for sure , but in time. He has to be patient. Rest is his decision."

The club really needs to do more than they have to ensure he stays. Improved contract. Sell Cesc. Both. Whatever. Why haven't they even tried to offer him a new contract?

M

mitkoa7x

If he thinks Xavi and Andres are going to lie down and let him take their place he's mistaking, needs to work hard and not be a bitch just like Xavi.

Home of Barca Fans