Lliga | Round 23: FC Barcelona - CD Leganés 2-1

Neymessi

Probably gonna **** leganes with all the frustration being vented out on them. Easy 5-0 or 6-0 I predict.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And they'll finally wake up against fuckin Leganes... I was in Parc des princes on tuesday for the game and it was one of the worst experiences, ever.
I don't think that I'll watch the game this week-end because I'll be travelling.

Must have been devastating.

Someone said that club should pay back Barca fans money they spent on the ticket and I think that would be decent thing to do.

TrueCule

Probably gonna **** leganes with all the frustration being vented out on them. Easy 5-0 or 6-0 I predict.
Yeah, I also think that we will vent on Leganes after a horrible loss in Paris. I expect a lot of goals and attractive football. Let's smash Leganes! Visca el Barca!

F

FlaFCB

Club Deportivo Leganés: A closer look at Sunday's Camp Nou debutants

www.fcbarcelona.com - 17/02/2017 | 16:07

After winning 5-1 at Butarque earlier this season, Barça now prepare to welcome Madrid's newest top flight club to the stadium for the first time ever. We take a closer look at the 'cucumber growers'

41198290.png

Leganés will be appearing at the Camp Nou for the first time ever on Sunday 19 at 8.45pm CET. Here’s your chance to get know a little more about the Liga newbies.

Where are they from?

The city of Leganés (population 186,000) lies on the south-western outskirts of Madrid, and to most madrileños is best known for being home to Parquesur, one of the largest shopping centres in Europe. One of its most popular attractions is a street named after heavy metal kings AC/DC.

Origins and history

Formed in 1928, Leganés played in the lower leagues until they enjoyed an eleven-season spell in the second division from 1993 to 2004. They never came close to being promoted to the top flight and eventually dropped back down to the third tier. A decade later, in 2014, they were back – and two years later the club has reached the unprecedented heights of the Primera División.

Nickname

The club’s nickname is the ‘cucumber growers’ (pepineros) after the extensive production of said vegetable in the city. Moreover, they have pledged to present every visiting club this season with a basket of their famed local produce!

Manager

A product of the Athletic Club academy, Asier Garitano played for and then managed all kinds of teams over the years, but this is his first ever experience of the top flight. He took over Leganés in its Division 2B days in 2013, and is a living legend at the club after guiding them all the way up to LaLiga.

This season

Leganés are just two points clear of relegation as things stand, but with just 15 goals they are the lowest scoring team in the league. Compare that to Barça, for whom Luis Suárez and Leo Messi alone have 35 between them. Leganés’ top scorers of Szymanowski and Guerrero have just three goals each, but it will be interesting to see if new signing Nabil El Zhar, a Moroccan international striker, is able to spark new life into their attack.

Did you know?

The blue and white Leganés shirt has a unique feature this season – a scratch n’ sniff club crest! Yes, it features active ingredients that when rubbed give off the smell of freshly cut grass. “The shirt that tastes of glory” they call it. “Now we’re in Primera, we want to taste it!”

Icarium

Lifestealer
I know the situation is bad, but I still don't see the crowd turning on Lucho yet. We are not that fickle right? At least I hope not. It is impossible to overturn the match, but it is absolute necessary that the crowd shows their support for the players and the coach until they get knocked out at least. When the crowd has given up the season is already over. Better to sack the coach now only and go with temporary one for the rest of the season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucho is a Barca great, no way the crowd will and should turn on against him IMO. It's different being against him on fan forums and discussions, but waving those white handkerchiefs and chanting in the stadium itself is too ugly for a club like Barca, and especially for a former player.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We've been playing bad football for a year but I do agree with you. We all need to stand with the team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Besides, we aren't completely out of the league yet. If Lucho can at least make some adjustments where we play better, we can mount a comeback. Need to go on almost a perfect record though.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Well Liga may seem out of reach but it is not impossible yet. Need to get back our mojo and start winning games and gain momentum.

ronniecro

we probably gonna trash them to cover up disaster against psg,if this was away game i would honestly predict a draw
i wouldn't be surprised if lucho starts with gomes in first 11 again,but since the fans might react towards him he's gonna probably start with rakitić or denis

They have a AC/DC street :rockon:

suddenly my second favourite football club :D

Home of Barca Fans