CL | 1/8 Finals: FC Barcelona - Chelsea 4-1 agg.

FCBfan22

If everybody was healthy, I would go with:

------------Ter Stegen------------
Semedo---Pique---Umtiti---Alba
-------Rakitić----Busquets-------
Roberto-------------------Iniesta
--------Messi-----Suarez---------

But now, with Semedo out and Iniesta and Roberto questionable, it will be something like this, most likely:

-----------Ter Stegen------------
Roberto---Pique---Umtiti---Alba
-------Rakitić----Busquets-------
*Paulinho-----------------Iniesta
--------Messi-----Suarez---------

Valverde might play Dembele in this position.

FC B

I doubt he'll play Dembele if Iniesta starts even if he won't. He showed time and again he is overly conservative and that might not be an exception. If vs. Malaga he said it's not a match for experiments that will almost surely won't be one either.

sickstar

I think it's pretty balanced enough with Rakitic and busquet in the back.
Playing Dembele and Iniesta is fine to me. Chelsea will be running back and forth trying to guard this young magician, and yes I'm giving him name for what I think he deserve.

FCBfan22

[tw]973336892849573888[/tw]

If we play with Gomes as LM and Paulinho as RM, Suarez and Messi will be cut from the rest of the team. 0 connection between midfield and attack, which will result in Messi dropping deep all the time and relying on our fullbacks heavily.

I really hope Iniesta can play...

khaled_a_d

[tw]973336892849573888[/tw]

If we play with Gomes as LM and Paulinho as RM, Suarez and Messi will be cut from the rest of the team. 0 connection between midfield and attack, which will result in Messi dropping deep all the time and relying on our fullbacks heavily.

I really hope Iniesta can play...

Think Dembele will play if Iniesta is out, but almost zero chance if he isn't healthy

Barcilliant

Time to speed the play up and sit back a bit. Slow passing in midfield is useless against a parked bus. Chelsea will wait all day for the opportunity to pounce on ONE mistake

This is why RM are so much better in Cl. They can adapt and mix things up. Shoot from distance, crosses, headers, set pieces etc.

I do not want to see a repeat of that performance against Chelsea. Please no.

Why are our players so clueless against a parked Bus? If we are behind and need goals send Pique upfront along with Mina and board them aerially. No point farthing around with that tippy tappy shit.

Valverde will play it safe, defensive and cautious like usual, nothing has proven otherwise.

This will be our starting XI:

Ter Stegen

Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

Paulinho-Rakitic-Busquets-Iniesta/Gomes

Messi-Suarez

Home of Barca Fans